clipper isn't working

jbakercoach

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm new to using Evernote so the problem may be me but I also can't get Webclipper to work in Chrome except for Evernote sites, where it seems to work fine. For all other sites when I click the webclipper icon, the menu that lets me choose what type of document I want to save doesn't appear.

Any suggestions on what might be going wrong would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also on Chrome, Mac OSX, version 10.6.8. My web clipper works okay, but over the past week I haven't been able to access my Evernote account via the icon in my dock. Get this error message "An internal database error has occurred that prevents Evernote from functioning properly.  If the problem persists, please contact Evernote Support." So, here ya go.

Evernote web clipper 6.0.3 doesn't work for me in Safari, Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard). It lets me sign in, but won't clip to my acct. I just get a red badge with the number of pending clips on the Evernote icon.

@Zacha - we're still trying to understand it. We cannot reproduce it on any of our testing setups and the logs we've investigated from affected users are not pointing at anything being broken. 

Your reported issue in this thread is that your username and password are being rejected, correct? 

- Can you post the build ID from your installation? (if you cannot login do this: right click the WC toolbar icon > Manage then find the Web Clipper in the list and choose the Options link, find the build ID in the footer on the options dialog. 

- Do you see any error messages after attempting to sign in?

- I assume you can login with these credentials on other Evernote apps? 

- Can you try logging in to the Safari Clipper and see if that works (I'm not asking you to switch browsers, just trying to narrow down the issue to what codebase)

• 3 weeks later...

I recently began using Evernote, but even after installing the Web Clipper extension on Chrome I have been unable to successfully clip any article. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but I have not had any more luck. Is there something that I am missing? The user interface seems simple enough, but whenever I try to clip an article it tries syncing for a little bit and then tells me it is "Unable to clip the article".

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed Evernote and Clipper. After going through tutorial for Clipper I was excited about this feature... then it seemed to work only on some of the sites I was on. (I have about twenty taps open presently!) My excitement was waning and I was about to make a 'Please Help' post until I had a thought that maybe the pages I had open prior to my installation of Clipper were the problem. I then copied the url for the pages that wouldn't work, closed the tap, opened a new tab, pasted the url and BINGO! Clipper would then work! Just thought I would post this in case it will help anyone else.

What is wrong with Evernote? My clipper; half the time it chrashes then it just won't work, and then, it picks up weird notes that I did not want it to pick up, as if it had a mind of its own. This is frustrating, to say the least. I will uninstall the whole thing pretty soon. The idea of Evernote was good, but now, it's just a pain. I've got chrome/Mac/Maverick.

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed Evernote and Clipper. After going through tutorial for Clipper I was excited about this feature... then it seemed to work only on some of the sites I was on. (I have about twenty taps open presently!) My excitement was waning and I was about to make a 'Please Help' post until I had a thought that maybe the pages I had open prior to my installation of Clipper were the problem. I then copied the url for the pages that wouldn't work, closed the tap, opened a new tab, pasted the url and BINGO! Clipper would then work! Just thought I would post this in case it will help anyone else.

Thanks this works!

• 4 years later...

The Web Clipper doesn't work half the time - it wants me to refresh the page. Then when I re-click on the Evernote icon to clip the page, all I get is a bunch of dots in a circle going round and round and round. And it freezes Safari. Such a pain. I am pretty tired of Evernote.

Archived