(Archived) ios7 and Evernote Major UGH!

gtoken

Stick around and they'll smooth out the problems. It's too valuable a product for users to dump if they've only been using it long enough to post three times in this forum.

I've been looking for a better product since 2006 and haven't found it yet.

• 4 weeks later...

What Evernote has done with their great product is almost totally destroy it with the release of this iOS client full of bugs.

It is simply a torture to use. Totally unusable.

I have an iPad 2 and an iPhone 5, both versions are terrible.

And I have to continue using this because all my data from the last 2 years have been dumped in EN.

So is there a Plan B product from someone for iPad and the unfortunate (like me) that did the update to ios7? What App are you using now that EN functionality sucks?

I'm still using the previous version of EN on iOS 7 but only as backup. I'd love to be able to use EN on all my devices, but 90% of my notes are text and I don't want to have to simplify every note to minimise EN's formatting bugs, plus the main functions I use (search/sort, edit, tag, append) are too cumbersome on iOS, so I've gone back to using plain text notes. Currently I use nvALT on my Mac synced with a plain text app on iOS (currently Notesy due to the handy append button, but I also like Notebooks). To create notes on my iPhone or iPad I use Drafts and then save the note both in the folder that syncs with nvALT and in EN via URL scheme. To clip from Mobile Safari or Reeder/Mr Reader I save the article in Pocket and then share/export to Drafts (for text notes) or directly to EN (for web clippings).

If you want to stick with EN and don't need offline access I'd also recommend Clever, although I haven't used it in a while so can't vouch for how well it works on iOS 7.

Stick around and they'll smooth out the problems. It's too valuable a product for users to dump if they've only been using it long enough to post three times in this forum.

I've been looking for a better product since 2006 and haven't found it yet.

Actually there are multiple threads scattered throughout this site all complaining about the same thing. EN is....I mean was a great product until I did the iOS7 update. Fortunately I did not do this update on my iPhone. Whew. I mean come on...spell check doesn't function? Jeez.

Archived