(Archived) Offline notebooks do not download attachments?

McYoda

Hi all

Maybe I miss the point or this is a feature missing:

I got a premium account and using evernote more and more extensively on my iPad/iPhone.

I love the offline notebook functionality, but:

I have a lot of shared notebooks (I am the guest with edit allowance on these) with PDF attachemnts.

These shared notebooks do sync only when I open them the first time on my iOS. And then, why is is, that note attachments like PDF files and such are not downloaded in the first place when I have all my notebooks defined as offline notebooks? These PDF files need to be downloaded manually each of them first.

Where is the clue?

When I tell evernote to download everything for offline availability I would expect that EVERYTHING is downloaded automatically when syncing, including shared notebooks, including attachment to notes, without me first having to open everything manually.

Thanks for clarification and/or support

Martin

I can't address the shared-notebook issue, but it's been my experience that when I check "download all notebooks" in the "offline notebooks" section, all notes and attachments come down.

It does take a while. My iPad mini is quick, but even so it takes most of a day to get all the bits and pieces of my 19,000 notes over a so-so wifi network. The iPhone5 used to be glacial but that improved tremendously a couple of iOS updates ago.

You might try checking new-ish notes to see if their attachments are present because my experience indicates new notes come down first. 

• Level 5*

Hi all

Maybe I miss the point or this is a feature missing:

I got a premium account and using evernote more and more extensively on my iPad/iPhone.

I love the offline notebook functionality, but:

I have a lot of shared notebooks (I am the guest with edit allowance on these) with PDF attachemnts.

These shared notebooks do sync only when I open them the first time on my iOS. And then, why is is, that note attachments like PDF files and such are not downloaded in the first place when I have all my notebooks defined as offline notebooks? These PDF files need to be downloaded manually each of them first.

Where is the clue?

When I tell evernote to download everything for offline availability I would expect that EVERYTHING is downloaded automatically when syncing, including shared notebooks, including attachment to notes, without me first having to open everything manually.

Thanks for clarification and/or support

Martin

As mentioned by John, offline notes can take a while to download. In this case, though, you have encountered a limitation in the service; namely, joined notebooks cannot be accessed offline. I talk about this and other important limitations to know here:

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=169

I have the same problem. PDF files contained in my own notebooks that are marked for synching off-line, only load when I open them. In some cases, they don't even load when I open them, and I am just plain stuck. This problem has existed for quite some time, and is very annoying. One of the greatest utilities of Evernote is having stuff with you without having to think about _taking_ it with you. Synchronization should take care of that.

Often, support's suggestion is uninstall/re-install, but that is not an option when it takes several days to resync. I have a lot of notes.

Archived