simplify text format how to os x?

pleasemakeitwork

Idea

mackbook air OS X 10.8.5    EN 5.3.0

i am in a web site. I copy some text and paste it into a new en note.  the format that shows up in the note is the same as in the web site.  ok fine.  the next step is to change that formatted text into the format that is  the en default format. .

on my iPad, in en, it would select all text and hit the icon for the paragraph sign with a line through it. it would then simplify all text into the universal format that works in en. that would end the process and i would save the note.

but in os x on my air i cannot find an option to simplify all text.  pending further revelations, i have to save to note on my air, then sync, then work with it on my iPad, which works ok as usual.

how do i copy from the web, paste it, then simplify the text, so that it is the same format as all the other text that i have in my en notes? thanks 

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Two ways.

If you still want formatting, but want it simplified:

1. Copy and Paste normally.

2. Format->Simplify Formatting (or Cmd-Shift-F)

If you want to remove all formatting and have plain text:

1. Copy from your web browser

2. Edit->Paste as Plain Text (or Cmd-Shift-V)

You could also use the new Chrome clipper (http://evernote.com/webclipper/whats_new/chrome/) and just clip a simplified version of the article. (Ok, I guess that's three ways) 

But how do I do it on an IPAD with Evernote? I had the option several weeks ago, as described by the first post here, but I cannot find that option again. So, I'm now left with text I've pasted from other sites that is either huge or so miniscule it's impossible to read.

I'm taking these clips from a variety of sources.

• Level 5*

But how do I do it on an IPAD with Evernote? I had the option several weeks ago, as described by the first post here, but I cannot find that option again. So, I'm now left with text I've pasted from other sites that is either huge or so miniscule it's impossible to read.

Here are some screenshots to show what Adjusting is talking about with the dots. It's a pretty straightforward operation.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=1840

Here are some screenshots to show what Adjusting is talking about with the dots. It's a pretty straightforward operation.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=1840

Yes! Thank you for the help! You two have saved my eyes...and probably my sanity, too!!

Archived