Evernote Business for Salesforce

• 3 weeks later...

Although must users of Evernote Business for Salesforce will be in a corporate environment do you actually need to use Evernote Business or could you use Evernote Premium? I work for myself as a sales consultant and am a keen Evernote user so could easily use this kind of solution, but as a one-person company don't want or need Evernote Business. 

Hi Mark,

I only have two users signed up for Business and would do the same if it was only me. The extra facilities which Business offers me is worth paying the extra for. Not withstanding the higher level of support, which I needed and used within the first few weeks of signing up.

Of course it is down to you if you have a need for these things, if not, then save your money. For me, Evernote has become a very big part of my personal and business life and being without it is a problem. I guess that is why, when there is a change I don't particularly like I adapt Evernote for me and my workflow.

Best regards

Chris

• 2 months later...

The Evernote Business for Salesforce is a great start.  There are a few things I would consider changing based on my personal usage and opinions:

1) The Visualforce page takes up too much real estate.  It would be better if it was a related list or shorter Visualforce page that allows me to choose which Evernote fields I want to display. 

2) It would be great to be in Evernote and be able to do a contact or account lookup (or other object) and link a note to the selected record.  This is really what people want who use Evernote and Salesforce.  The idea is that I write my note in Evernote the way I always do and then link it to a record in Salesforce that I choose without having to login into Salesforce separately (The new Identity feature and publisher actions should make this easier).  This will also allow other Salesforce users to see my Evernote posting in the Salesforce record provided they have access to that Salesforce record.  The catch of course is that the Evernote sharing model is not observed in this scenario, which you would need to consider.

3) I might also want to be in Salesforce and link an Evernote record the way you do it now, just without taking up so much screen real-estate.  It would be helpful if there was an icon that changed to indicate whether an Evernote note has been updated, since the last time I viewed a specific record in Salesforce.  For example, Rep A owns a Salesforce record and works with Pre-Sales Rep B who takes notes in Evernote on a call with a customer.  Pre-Sales Rep B updates an existing note in Evernote or creates a new note and links it to the Salesforce record that Rep A owns.  When Rep A goes into the Salesforce record, they will see an Evernote Icon that let's them know an Evernote note has been updated or created.  Salesforce does something similar between Data.com and Salesforce when a record is different and provides color coded icons.

I hope this helps.

EP

• 1 year later...

Although must users of Evernote Business for Salesforce will be in a corporate environment do you actually need to use Evernote Business or could you use Evernote Premium? I work for myself as a sales consultant and am a keen Evernote user so could easily use this kind of solution, but as a one-person company don't want or need Evernote Business. 

Did you ever get an answer to this question? I have the same query regarding using Salesforce with the free Evernote version.

Archived