Evernote Mac version every time goes to "not responding"

Andydrew

Idea

I installed Evernote Mac version on my Macbook air, it was fine at the beginning but since last week, every time i open the evernote, it stops at the sync and whole thing goes to "not responding", eventually i have to force quit the application and reopen it after, it still goes to "not responding" again and again. I cannot use it at all. 

I thought maybe my system's problem at the beginning, so i reinstalled my whole mac system yesterday, however, the same problem happened again. 

is anyone having this kind of problem recently?

10 replies to this idea

Hi

Yes, I have that too.

As soon as I search something, Evernote is hanging my whole Mac and nothing is working anymore.
I did a uninstall/install of the application but as soon as I type something it's hanging again.

Quitting and starting does not solve the issue because the search string is still filled out.

Evernote application on Mac is completely useless now :-(

Hi

Yes, I have that too.

As soon as I search something, Evernote is hanging my whole Mac and nothing is working anymore.

I did a uninstall/install of the application but as soon as I type something it's hanging again.

Quitting and starting does not solve the issue because the search string is still filled out.

Evernote application on Mac is completely useless now :-(

Exactly! I even paid for Premium version~~

really disappointed~~ 

I have the same problem. On my macbook pro, whenever I search anything, Evernote starts hogging my memory and thus becomes unresponsive. After a (long) while Evernote gives the memory back, but this is a really unacceptable  way to operate.

Edit: Last time this happened (5min ago) Evernote had up to 9GB of memory usage

• Level 5

There are a lot of symptoms being brought up here.

For those of you who find that memory is getting eaten, do you have an active search on launch? If so, mash CMD-Shift-A as you launch. If that doesn't work, talk to support.

If your Evernote crashes on launch, open a support ticket.

If your Evernote freezes on launch, open a support ticket.

Archived