(Archived) Why are private and shared notebooks now formatted the same way?

hideyoshi

Hi,

I cannot fathom how the newest Evernote windowns application just completely got rid of useful information on individual notebooks... We can now no longer see whether a notebook is completely private or whether we have - at some point - shared it with someone.

I no longer trust myself to add any notes in Evernote as half of my notebooks are shared with other people and I have a hard time remembering which ones.

I sincerly wonder what the advantage is of this plain white 'hide all info' new version of evernote and I wish i could backtrack...
Also, 'notebooks' is folded by default when i open evernote. Is notebooks not the core feature of Evernote?

Please bring out a fixed version where we can at least parameter what we want to see in our left hand menu. Because this version which "brings out the content" as you put it, is not working at all.

I am in software development myself and if I take away functionalities from my client with a new release I would have a storm of complaints on my hands.

Thank you from a disappointed evernote addict!

H

PS When people share a notebook with me, why do I have to have this one in my main list of notebooks now? How can i get rid of it and ban it to a different menu where it belongs? It is FYI information, I don't need it in my personal notebook list.

• Level 5*

I cannot fathom how the newest Evernote windowns application just completely got rid of useful information on individual notebooks... We can now no longer see whether a notebook is completely private or whether we have - at some point - shared it with someone.

That's been reported/commented on by others. An icon would be welcome in the left panel, and other notebook selectors, at least.

I sincerly wonder what the advantage is of this plain white 'hide all info' new version of evernote and I wish i could backtrack...

You can if you want. A number of posts here will give you information on how to do that.

Also, 'notebooks' is folded by default when i open evernote. Is notebooks not the core feature of Evernote?

One of the core features. If you're looking to browse notebooks, you may be interested in the Alt+Shift+N shortcut, which lets you choose a notebook or stack from a list off of the search area above the note list.

Please bring out a fixed version where we can at least parameter what we want to see in our left hand menu. Because this version which "brings out the content" as you put it, is not working at all.

You can add and remove main items in the left panel via the View / Left Panel menu item. Not much parameterization beyond that.

PS When people share a notebook with me, why do I have to have this one in my main list of notebooks now? How can i get rid of it and ban it to a different menu where it belongs? It is FYI information, I don't need it in my personal notebook list.

You can use stacks to separate. Some people -- me, for instance -- want to be able to mix personal and joined notebooks in the same area.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived