ScanSnap no longer scanning to a single PDF

I realize this isn't specifically an EN issue but thought I'd try... My ScanSnap ix500 has stopped scanning multiple page documents to a single PDF in EN. It brings them in to EN as separate PDFs despite my selecting "whole batch in one PDF" option. It used to work. I've updated the software, firmware etc to no avail. Any thoughts?

In the "Scanning" tab in settings, is the "Continue scanning after current scan is finished" checked. That is how I make sure multiple documents are within the same PDF. 

No, so I checked it and re-scanned. No luck.

What happens if you choose Scan To Folder or Scan To File instead of to Evernote? Does it work, taking Evernote out of the equation?

That was an excellent trouble-shooting idea. I tried it and indeed it did create a single PDF.

I was using Scan to Evernote (note) so I changed that to Evernote (document) and that worked.

Maybe I was using Evernote (document) before? This suggests that I don't know the difference between scanning to EN (note) and EN (document)... Can anyone help with that?

What happens if you choose Scan To Folder or Scan To File instead of to Evernote? Does it work, taking Evernote out of the equation?

Maybe I was using Evernote (document) before? This suggests that I don't know the difference between scanning to EN (note) and EN (document)... Can anyone help with that?

A-ha! That makes total sense. I should have thought of it.

You were almost certainly using (Document) before if it was working before.

The difference?

(Note) = Scan to JPG. If you scan more than one page, it will create a note for each JPG.

(Document) = Scan to PDF. Whether it creates one or multiple documents is controlled by the File option tab, as you already are aware.

(Note) = Scan to JPG. If you scan more than one page, it will create a note for each JPG.

(Document) = Scan to PDF. Whether it creates one or multiple documents is controlled by the File option tab, as you already are aware.

That would make sense, since jpgs cannot be multipage.

• 4 months later...

I have Evernote 5.5 and a scansnap ix500 with software version 6.0 which I use with my iMac Mavericks os 10.9.1.   As of today 2/19/14 scansnap will no longer scan multi-page pdfs into a single document.  And yes, I do have document/pdf selected and not note/jpg.  Yes, when I click the Option button, it has Multipage PDF selected.  Even when I go to "Scanning" tab in settings, and select the "Continue scanning after current scan is finished" it still places each page in a separate document.  

When I choose Scan To Folder or Scan To File instead of to Evernote all the pages are in one pdf.  Yet when I switch back to scan to evernote document if places each page in a separate document. I have unplugged the scansnap and plugged it in again.

I have been using this feature nearly a year and have never had a problem with it.  Any suggestions.  I have a stack of documents I need to scan and don't want to have to merge them all!!!!!

Frustrated in Fujitsu Land

Archived