Notes in a particular notebook say "last edited by ... and shared publicly?"

I haven't ever shared this notebook. I've emailed individual notes from it - is that what's causing it?

I'm using 5.0.2.1392

Same here with some notes. And there is no possibility to delete it.

My personal workaround: I shared this notes with my second account for some moments. Than I disinvited/deleted this dummy person - als things worked well.

• Level 5*

If you emailed the note you have unveiled the URL so that (in theory) anyone could look at it - if they knew to look,  and could find it.  In that sense the note is Public,  and if there are several public notes I suspect Evernote just isn't geared up to report on that notebook coherently.  It's not a major issue unless it bothers you - you could always move the notes you email to their own notebook.

• 4 weeks later...

Hiya

There is comments on LOADS of my Notes saying creating by and publicly shared with others as well. It's just started doing this. I have not emailed all these notes to anyone, even myself. Why is it doing. Please reassure me that none of these nots have ever been shared or made public

• Level 5*

Hiya

There is comments on LOADS of my Notes saying creating by and publicly shared with others as well. It's just started doing this. I have not emailed all these notes to anyone, even myself. Why is it doing. Please reassure me that none of these nots have ever been shared or made public

Hi.  We're a user forum so don't have any way to tell what's happening with your notes.  See the link below to raise a support ticket and find out more...

• 3 months later...

I have this issue as well, but without having shared the notes and as of today on a brand new note. Double checked the UI and there are no indications of the new note being shared there, and the 'Unshare' is greyed out so as per Gazumped's good advice I will open a support ticket.

• 2 months later...

This problem has just cropped up for me. I'm using Evernote version 5.3.1.3363 on Windows 8.1. I have a small notebook called "Templates" which contains, surprisingly, template notes. Today, for the first time, all four notes in this notebook started displaying the text "Last edited by <my name> and shared publicly with others". These notes have NOT been shared at any time. They do NOT appear in a search for "sharedate:*". If I right-click, there is NO option to stop sharing them. After syncing, the message at the top changes to simply "Shared publicly with others".

• Level 5*

This problem has just cropped up for me. I'm using Evernote version 5.3.1.3363 on Windows 8.1. I have a small notebook called "Templates" which contains, surprisingly, template notes. Today, for the first time, all four notes in this notebook started displaying the text "Last edited by <my name> and shared publicly with others". These notes have NOT been shared at any time. They do NOT appear in a search for "sharedate:*". If I right-click, there is NO option to stop sharing them. After syncing, the message at the top changes to simply "Shared publicly with others".

Do you have any applications linked to Evernote?  I have a couple that are authorised to edit my notes and those notes show 'shared with others' tags.  If that's not the case I suggest a support ticket as before.

Archived