(Archived) Overlapping text in long notes

LeBurt

I'm experiencing an odd behavior that I'd like to report.

My setup is Evermore v5.4 on a Nexus 7 2013 tablet, stock Android 4.3, locale is Canada-French.

When notes are fairly long, the one in the attached picture about 5000 words or ~25,000 characters, adding text near the top of the note break the flow of text. Lines get overlapped in some spots while blank lines sometimes appear in others. The more text I add (or remove), the worse the problem gets. If I close the note and reenter edit mode, everything's fine until I start adding more text. This doesn't happen when I'm closer to the bottom of the note or with shorter notes.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Would you care to try to reproduce this behavior by cut&pasting a large chunk of text in a new note and reporting the result, what device you are on, OS version, etc.

post-155213-0-57681600-1380977093_thumb.

I've seen this same behavior in the last several Android builds on late versions of jellybean (4.3) - but at much smaller sized notes than yours.

Rather frustrating - I find I have to exit and rejoin the note to force a clean draw, but at that point I may already have corrupted the body of the note.

• Level 5*

Is there a place other than here where we can report this as a bug and get the developers' attention?

This is primarily a user forum, but Evernote staffers to read everything, and bugs get reported and sometimes Evernote folks reply. If you have an issue, or want to make a feature request, and want to guarantee that an Evernote staffer will see it (though not necessarily a developer), then you can open a support request via the link in my signature.

Archived