(Archived) A utility question about editing PDFs across platforms:

I was wondering if anyone had any useful ideas about the ability to edit and research using PDFs across platforms using Evernote.

For example, the Evernote client on windows allows me to launch a PDF file from it, make edits, and when I save the PDF the changes are reflected in the PDF file in Evernote and can then be synchronized.

However, this feature seems to me to be absent from the IOS client. If I open a PDF from the IOS client, it cannot be edited. If I launch a PDF from Evernote on the IOS client in an app that can edit, the edits are not saved to the Evernote database. You have to use the third party app to save the PDF locally, then push the edited PDF out to dropbox or something, then at some point put the PDF back into your Evernote database, maybe via the Windows client.

I was just curious if anyone else had been struggling with this issue and whether they had found an app, application or methodology to make this process reliable across platforms, ie, the windows client and the IOS client.

Thanks for any advice you might have.

Archived