(Archived) Reset Formatting On New Line OR Header Classes

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this post (please advise or move if able)

It would be nice to have either one of these features – or both :)

Background: When I apply formatting to say, a section title, I almost never want or need that same formatting to continue on the next line. 95%+ of the time I want to go back to the default font to actually write the content

Unless this setting exists already – I'm on EN for Mac primarily, please advise if someone knows how – I'd like to propose that either:

a) Hitting "Enter" removes formatting to default (this would probably need to be a preference on/off), or else ...

B) There were "header classes", much like the WP visual editor uses.

Then I could choose "H1", "H2", etc. from a drop down, hit enter, and I'm back to "p"

Since this is such a common practice, to make it even better would be having a keyboard shortcut to assign header classes, e.g. cmd+shift+1, 2, etc., (again, removing the class on "Enter")

How much faster would that be?

As it is now I need to nitpick my way through my document, changing formatting sometimes every other line manually (which usually involves a size and bold change), slows me down and cause quite a few extra keystrokes, which add up at the end of the day (ouch!)

I like Evernote because I consider it a timesaver vs. a traditional word processor (probably the #1 reason I use it), so anything that supports that should be important IMO :)

Thank You

Archived