(Archived) Sync on exit Doesn't Work

MLeitch1

• Level 5*

Two things to verify:

* When you say you exited the application, does that mean that you did File / Exit (or Ctrl+Q) or fdid you just close the Evernote window by say, clicking on the 'X' close button? The former is when syncing actually takes place; the latter doesn't sync before it exits.

* Did you remember to sync the other device before you checked to see if your changes were there?

All of your edits need to go through the Evernote servers first before they appear on another device -- if the changes don't appear on the servers (something you can check using the Evernote Web client), then it would seem that there's a problem

• 1 month later...

It would be more intuitive to have syncing occur when the Evernote window is closed.  I was bitten by this "feature" a number of times before I figured it out.  I became an Evernote user because I wanted note files that I could share as seamlessly as possible with a number of devices, but like MLeitch1, I find that the core functionality works in some odd ways.  Text files shared via Google Drive might be better...

• 2 weeks later...

* When you say you exited the application, does that mean that you did File / Exit (or Ctrl+Q) or fdid you just close the Evernote window by say, clicking on the 'X' close button? The former is when syncing actually takes place; the latter doesn't sync before it exits.

This problem has been giving me trouble as well, thanks for clearing it up. When I close and application I click the red X at the top of the form like most people do.

Not entirely sure how it works, but unchecking "Sync in background" causes Evernote to sync when I close the window. (assuming sync on exit is on)

Which is what you are looking for I believe.

Archived