updated to v5.02.1332 Outlook Add in Now Gone

Help! My system updated today and now my Outlook Add-in is missing. I use it exclusively to track tasks. Does someone know where I can reinstall it from? Or how to re-enable the Add In?

Lost w/o it.

Thanks,

Sheree

I did not have this issue, but this may help...

In outlook, go to File -> Options -> Add-Ins

At the bottom, where it says Manage:, select COM Ad-ins and hit Go.

Make sure the Evernote Outlook plugin is checked.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've sent numerous emails to Customer Support, and they have no solution for this. I'm not sure, but I think I lost it during a Windows update. It's VERY frustrating to do the email forward thing. If you make one mistake on how you list the notebook, it either does not go to Evernote at all, or at best ends up in your general notebook and you have to then manually move it around. 

No indication as to when they may have a fix. Does anyone think you could pull that file that is suppose to show up in the COM Add In in Outlook and then insert in somewhere? 

GRRR....

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if you folks who were experiencing this found a fix already since it has been a while, but I followed the suggestion of one of the previous posters when I saw that my evernote icon had mysteriously disappeared from Outlook after an update.  I went into File > Options in Outlook and went to the Add-Ins, make sure COM Add-Ins is selected, click GO and make sure Evernote Outlook is selected.  Mine was unchecked even though I never unchecked it so I assume this happened at some point with the many security updates that MS has issued lately.  I hope this is helpful to someone.

Lucie

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had the same issue. I got it fixed with the following steps. I have no idea what happened, or why this works, but it did for me.

1.On Outlook right-click on the toolbar and select Customize the Ribbon

2. select Add-Ins on the left

3. at the bottom of the box, Manage -> Disabled Items

4. Select Evernote.Outlook and GO

5. Close Outlook and Evernote

6. Here is the wierd thing - Open Evernote from the START menu -> All Programs -> Evernote folder ->Evernote

7. Open Outlook.

The icon came back and the add-in worked again.

I found this solution in the Evernote forums but then my EN crashed so I cannot credit the person who had this suggestion originally. I am just a practical plagurist!

I am using Microsoft Office 2010 Ver 14.0.71405002 32 bit, if it matters....

To err is human, but to really foul things up, you need a computer!

• 1 year later...
On 2/2/2015 at 10:36 PM, Tucker12 said:

I had the same issue. I got it fixed with the following steps. I have no idea what happened, or why this works, but it did for me.

1.On Outlook right-click on the toolbar and select Customize the Ribbon

2. select Add-Ins on the left

3. at the bottom of the box, Manage -> Disabled Items

4. Select Evernote.Outlook and GO

5. Close Outlook and Evernote

6. Here is the wierd thing - Open Evernote from the START menu -> All Programs -> Evernote folder ->Evernote

7. Open Outlook.

The icon came back and the add-in worked again.

I found this solution in the Evernote forums but then my EN crashed so I cannot credit the person who had this suggestion originally. I am just a practical plagurist!

I am using Microsoft Office 2010 Ver 14.0.71405002 32 bit, if it matters....

To err is human, but to really foul things up, you need a computer!

More than a year later and I just had this problem.  I went into Add-ins within Options, check off the Evernote plugin and still nothing.  Then I found this post and presto, it's back!  Thanks!

Archived