(Archived) Wmen marking check boxes

When I have a list of things to do I create a list with a number of checkboxes.

It would be handy if - as I tick off boxes - they are grayed out  or drop to the bottom of the list.

With a long list it is not so easy to just focus on the items not completed.

I second that. It could be taken a step further too; partial completion of a checkbox based on amount of completed sub tasks, similar to Zengobi's Curio...

It would also be great if check boxes, or other parts of a note for that matter, could be linked and related to parts in other notes. This would be very valuable in, for example, a master project note with a number of belonging action notes, in a GTD system or similar. You find similar functionality in Outlook tasks/OneNote..click complete on a checkbox in a context task note and its corresponding task checkbox in MPN also updates.

I understand these are big asks, but it would make EN so much more than an advanced electronic file cabinet :)

Evernote is not a task manager. In the past, they have stated the only thing they will add in that regard is due dates, which is the reminder feature. So if you need a more robust task manager, you should use an app that is a true task manager. There are many out there.

The nice people of Evernote have supplied the check box.

Mine is just a suggestion to make something intelligent happen when you tick the check box. And to make your list of checked and unchecked boxes clearer  - not to create a task management system.

The nice people of Evernote have supplied the check box.

Mine is just a suggestion to make something intelligent happen when you tick the check box. And to make your list of checked and unchecked boxes clearer  - not to create a task management system.

Like I said...

Evernote is not a task manager. In the past, they have stated the only thing they will add in that regard is due dates, which is the reminder feature. So if you need a more robust task manager, you should use an app that is a true task manager. There are many out there.

Although EN in its current state is not state of the art task manager, it can certainly be effectively used as one. I am looking to Matts take on GTD over at afterthebook.com, using EN, and it works very well. -Especially together with the new iOS 7 EN update :)

Some kind of mapping between notes and their content would, in my opinion, enhance EN in more areas than task management.

Archived