(Archived) Skitch iOS 3.0 Camera Roll ?

aparmley

I'm not sure if this intended behavior or not but after upgrading to version 3.0 skitch no longer allows me to select an image stored in my camera roll. It only allows me to select a photo from the photo albums I've synced from iTunes. It does not have access to my camera roll or photostream.

I've checked in restrictions and "photos" is allowed.

anyone else running into this?

I've performed a hard reset of my phone, deleted and reinstalled the app, not sure what else to do from here except google for this issue and I haven't come across anything yet.

Hi @aparmely @adychen, I appreciate the feedback. This is not intended behavior; it's a known issue and we are currently working to get this fixed.

I'm trying to isolate the cause right now. From what I see, this issue gets triggered when you have 200 or more photos organized into Albums. Can you let me know if that's true for your devices?

As a temporary workaround, you can take advantage of the "open from clipboard" feature. If you have a specific photo in your Camera Roll (or Safari) that you would like to work with, long-press on it to bring up the "Copy" option. Copy the image and it should appear as the first option in Skitch's image picker. Hope that helps until we can get this problem fixed.

@soundsgoodtome - You can import from clipboard. You should be able to copy an image to your clipboard (most commonly a long press on an image in an application) and when you enter into Skitch it will show at the top of the image picker view. 

@All - We submitted a new build to Apple for review which will address the image bug. It should correct the behavior and show you our camera roll and give you the option to open up any image stored in your camera roll, albums, or streams. 

I can see 210 of my images but I have a lot more than 200.

Hi DougieRay, we hear you! We've already submitted a new build which will allow you to navigate through all your image, since this is one of the most requested features. The new "Dashboard" will have a "Photo Library" option at the bottom that allows you to browse through your photos. We're publishing it to the App Store as soon as Apple completes their review.

It should look something like this:

IMG_0970.png?resizeSmall&width=832         IMG_0972-2.png?resizeSmall&width=832

Good morning all,

The Skitch 3.0.2 update has been released and includes an answer for the Camera Roll issue. Now, the first few photos (and screenshots) are shown in the image picker for quick access and at the bottom of this short list is an option to browse the rest of your Photo Library.

More info here: http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/43968-skitch-ios-302-has-been-released/

Thanks,

Jer

Good morning all,

The Skitch 3.0.2 update has been released and includes an answer for the Camera Roll issue. Now, the first few photos (and screenshots) are shown in the image picker for quick access and at the bottom of this short list is an option to browse the rest of your Photo Library.

More info here: http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/43968-skitch-ios-302-has-been-released/

Thanks,

Jer

Thanks for the fix!

Note: On the iPad, you forgot to include rotation. I use my iPad exclusively in landscape orientation, but the new photo chooser only works in portrait orientation. (I haven't yet check the iPhone.)  :-)

Archived