(Archived) (Archived) EN7 background looks like grandma's crochet blanket. Please let us disable it.

icoco_de

Functionally, Evernote 7 for iOS certainly is a clear improvement. It's good that the space-consuming tabs are gone and the screen estate is now used much more efficiently. Quick memo function and Skitch integration are awesome. Also, the Favorites list is on top of the list now, right where it belongs. (Now add a search bar here on top, and it's perfect.)

However, this new dull-green hue plunges me into deep depression, and the background pattern I find just plain ugly. I am not sure if I am the only one who really dislikes this new zig-zag background of Evernote 7 on iOS. On iPad this is just not nice, but on iPhone I find this design really disturbing and annoying. Everybody is talking about flat and minimal design, while Evernote comes along and designs something that reminds of grandma's crochet blankets ("Omas Häkeldeckchen" in german, that is).

I'd love to see that zig-zag background removed. Or at least *please!* do give me a setting to disable it.
  • Level 5*

Functionally, Evernote 7 for iOS certainly is a clear improvement. It's good that the space-consuming tabs are gone and the screen estate is now used much more efficiently. Quick memo function and Skitch integration are awesome. Also, the Favorites list is on top of the list now, right where it belongs. (Now add a search bar here on top, and it's perfect.)

However, this new dull-green hue plunges me into deep depression, and the background pattern I find just plain ugly. I am not sure if I am the only one who really dislikes this new zig-zag background of Evernote 7 on iOS. On iPad this is just not nice, but on iPhone I find this design really disturbing and annoying. Everybody is talking about flat and minimal design, while Evernote comes along and designs something that reminds of grandma's crochet blankets ("Omas Häkeldeckchen" in german, that is).

I'd love to see that zig-zag background removed. Or at least *please!* do give me a setting to disable it.

Could you post a screenshot? I am working on the iPad and I see no zig-zag background. I have seen other people complain about the background as well, but I can't figure out why.

Could you post a screenshot? I am working on the iPad and I see no zig-zag background. I have seen other people complain about the background as well, but I can't figure out why.

Sure - this iPad screenshot comes from the iTunes store. I wonder if you still have the previous version installed, so you don't see the zig-zag?

However, on iPhone it's even more annoying, as the green "crochet blanket" takes over the whole screen.

post-76663-0-59109600-1380184019_thumb.j

By zig-zag, do you mean the arrangement of items on the home screen on the left? Or, are you talking about the (senseless, in my opinion) blurring out of notes on the right?

As I wrote in my first post, I mean the "background pattern". You can perfectly see this pattern on any screenshot available, here on Evernote Blog for example.

Btw, I just read a few of the comments over on that blog article and I find that I am not the only one complaining about this background pattern design.

(I wanted to attach another screenshot for you, but I can't; I get an error message saying that I am using 499 of 500 K space  allowed. So I'll have to check how to delete outdated stuff first.)

• Level 5*

Now I see what you are talking about (the first screenshot, at least for me, displayed too small to make it out). You know why I can't see it on my iPad? I think it is a Premium feature! Seriously. I am using my free test account right now because I was losing data from my main account (reported elsewhere), and there is nothing. It is completely flat, as far as I can tell. I do see this weird pattern when I press the Go Premium button at the bottom.

It's no big deal to me, because i am much more concerned about other issues, but I wills ay that the pattern doesn't appeal to me, and I don't think it is an"upgrade" from Free.

Yeah. So lets hope Evernote will get rid of this background design very soon with 7.0.1 ;) or at least let us users choose. I don't think that this is just a small issue. I find it really annoying and it just makes the app look quirky. One reason why many users prefer Apple products over those from other companies is because of their clean and tasteful design. And this certainly does apply to apps on that platform as well. And we know that Evernote can do better. ;) Hopefully they'll accept that quite many users dislike that grandma look; they can read the comments on their own blog article, where not few people are expressing their disgust.

Archived