(Archived) Can't Access Mobile Anymore

I have tried for 2 days and I can't access EN via the Web on my mobile. I have a BB and had the login bookmarked but now it just cycles at a page with the word "Note" at the top on the left and "Menu" at the top on the right. I can't open the menu and after a while it just freezes there. HELP!

I've been having the same exact problem with my BlackBerry Curve 8330 for a week now. I just tried the Bolt browser and it works, but that browser is SOOOOOO slow it's basically unusable. What has changed with your mobile web site? Before 1 week ago I never had a problem with it.

Thanks,

Josh

I have tried for 2 days and I can't access EN via the Web on my mobile. I have a BB and had the login bookmarked but now it just cycles at a page with the word "Note" at the top on the left and "Menu" at the top on the right. I can't open the menu and after a while it just freezes there. HELP!

My Storm just started doing the same thing. ;)

JohnT

I too have been unable to use Evernote on my Blackberry with IE, since Friday. The screen has different choices, and none of them work. It is the link listed above, but the page is not rendering as it should. Something changed beginning around Friday morning.

However, on the same Blackberry, using the Opera Mini browser, the page works as it should.

Hi I'm new to EN so I don't know if it ever worked on a Blackberry Pearl. I get a screen with a list of things on it:

Menu

Quick Note

Recent notes

etc.

When I click any of these links It jumps my cursor back to the top of the page. Also none of my notes that I created with the Mac client or my user name is displayed on the page.

The address is http://www.evernote.com/mobile/MobileSetup.action even though I entered http://www.evernote.com/mobile/Home.action

Thanks

It is finally up and running again ;) . I went in and made sure that my Java was working and all that then I even removed the battery. Once it sat for a little while it came back up. Weird. My bold is a 9000 series. I'll keep this information below in case it happens again.

Thanks much!

What model of Blackberry are you using? The mobile web UI works ok from my Blackberry Bold.

Also, try manually typing in this destination on this device:

http://www.evernote.com/mobile/Home.action

If that works, you can bookmark it.

Hello All;

I got my Storm (9530) working...went into the Browser -> Options -> Browser Configuration and enabled/checked support javaScript. Working fine now. The funny thing is, I never changed these setting and it work last week..

Hope this Helps

JohnT

Hello All;

I got my Storm (9530) working...went into the Browser -> Options -> Browser Configuration and enabled/checked support javaScript. Working fine now. The funny thing is, I never changed these setting and it work last week..

Hope this Helps

JohnT

JohnT-

Thanks for the tip. I checked my config, but I have always had JavaScript enabled. Still not working. Weird. And frustrating.

I noticed a problem with EN mobile today as well. It was weird. Looked like a page came up, but nothing would display. For me, it turned out to be a Javascript issue - I just had to enable Javascript in settings and the site worked again. But this brings up some important questions:

1. Why would EN create a mobile site that *requires* Javascript to work? I know the new functionality is cool, but turning on JS in my Blackberry browser means a lot of extra work on other sites. I prefer to leave JS off.

2. And if requiring JS in this new version, why not AT LEAST check the user's settings and/or Javascript functionality and display a message stating that JS is required? That's poor programming to have a site just not work - ESPECIALLY when the old site didn't use Javascript. So you get a bunch of users that had JS off and were accessing the site fine, and suddenly the landing page is non-functional for them? That's crazy.

3. Was this version announced? The new mobile version.

Thanks for all of the reports. We plan to roll out some improvements for the mobile web UI in this week's service release. This should be out tomorrow night (California time).

Thanks. Any chance of allowing stripped-down functionality with Javascript turned off? (ie: the old mobile site)

To be honest, the EN mobile site isn't that bad with Javascript. But because it's not very convenient to quickly switch it on and off, if I want to use the current mobile site, I'm likely to leave JS on. And that's where my frustration lies. JS makes mobile web browsing a lot slower on some sites. And almost every time, it's not really needed.

Archived