(Archived) v5.02 for Windows Saved Searches

skenner

I am trying to create new Saved Searches that have have arguments, like todo:true, etc. When I add a new Saved Search, I have no idea where it goes to. I just want to add it to my Shortcuts. So far I keep running in loops. I can create a new search from my Tags, but have no idea how to edit the Tag first to modify the search parameters that will be return if/when I finally get it added to the Shortcuts.

I use the Saved Search w/parameters a lot to show very specific data--especially for Reminders and To Do Tasks that are outstanding.

I've reviewed this page as a source: http://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php, but still get lost connecting the dots from creating a saved search to getting it on Shortcut list.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sheree

• Level 5*

I am trying to create new Saved Searches that have have arguments, like todo:true, etc. When I add a new Saved Search, I have no idea where it goes to. I just want to add it to my Shortcuts. So far I keep running in loops. I can create a new search from my Tags, but have no idea how to edit the Tag first to modify the search parameters that will be return if/when I finally get it added to the Shortcuts.

To add a saved search to your shortcuts, click in the search control at the upper right hand side of your window, above the toolbar. You should see a list of recent and saved searches. Right click on the one that you want to save, and select "Add to Shortcuts". You can edit it from that list as well, or from the Shortcuts list. Right click on the one you want to edit, and select "Properties".

I use the Saved Search w/parameters a lot to show very specific data--especially for Reminders and To Do Tasks that are outstanding.

I've reviewed this page as a source: http://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php, but still get lost connecting the dots from creating a saved search to getting it on Shortcut list.

The search grammar isn't going to help you with UI operations -- it's really just a description of the search language.

Archived