Search within Notebook

Pardon me if this has already been addressed, but I was unable to locate this issue in other posts...

I have upgraded to the iOS7 version of Evernote on my iPad and while I like the interface overall, I have been unable to figure out to search within the contents of a specific notebook. It seems that when I am in a particular notebook, the search function is still global (all notes). Am I missing something obvious? How do I limit the search to the currently selected notebook?

Thanks!

• Level 5*

Pardon me if this has already been addressed, but I was unable to locate this issue in other posts...

I have upgraded to the iOS7 version of Evernote on my iPad and while I like the interface overall, I have been unable to figure out to search within the contents of a specific notebook. It seems that when I am in a particular notebook, the search function is still global (all notes). Am I missing something obvious? How do I limit the search to the currently selected notebook?

Thanks!

Hi. This is a bug the developers say will be fixed in the next update. Try notebook: in the search field to limit it to one notebook (notebook name goes after the colon, in quotes if multiple words). For more on advanced search grammar (some of which is broken in the iOS client at the moment), see:

http://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23245321

• Level 5*

Thanks Grumpy!

Glad i could help. As for the bugs, no idea when they will be fixed. Evernote doesn't give roadmaps, though I wouldn't be surprised if we have something by this time next week. Evernote developers are pretty quick to take care of this kind of stuff.

• 4 months later...

Archived