(Archived) Notes in Shared Folder no longer being removed when moved by other user

lisec

I think there is a bug with Shared Folders and users who have the modify permission. It was working fine a few weeks ago. I'm still on v4.

How it used to work: 

1. I copy a file in the Shared Folder and sync. 
  2. Friend sees a file in Shared Folder, moves it into her General folder and syncs.
  3. Shared folder is now empty and I know she received the file.

How it works today:

2. Friend sees a file in Shared Folder, moves it into her General folder and syncs.
  3. My file remains in the Shared Folder for me (but not for her) so I have no idea if she received it. I have to manually remove it. Same happens if she puts a file in the Shared folder. I see it, move it out of there and the folder is empty for me, but she still sees her file in there.

The only difference I can think of between when it worked for us and didn't is that my friend became a Premium member. Can't see that changing anything, though.

I think there is a bug with Shared Folders and users who have the modify permission. It was working fine a few weeks ago. I'm still on v4.

How it used to work: 

3. Shared folder is now empty and I know she received the file.

How it works today:

3. My file remains in the Shared Folder for me (but not for her) so I have no idea if she received it. I have to manually remove it. Same happens if she puts a file in the Shared folder. I see it, move it out of there and the folder is empty for me, but she still sees her file in there.

The only difference I can think of between when it worked for us and didn't is that my friend became a Premium member. Can't see that changing anything, though.

After your friend moves the note out of the shared notebook & sync's, you must sync as well, for the note to no longer show up in your desktop client.  (And vice versa.)

After your friend moves the note out of the shared notebook & sync's, you must sync as well, for the note to no longer show up in your desktop client.  (And vice versa.)

Burger&Fries, thanks for the reply. Yes, we do both sync after all is done. I should have included that as the last step. She told me she moved the file and synced, and the Shared Folder was empty for her. I synced and the file was still there. That's how I discovered the problem.

Update: I don't think there is a bug, but perhaps the Evernote servers are really slow today.

It took 2 hours for a file in a shared folder to disappear from that folder after the file was moved by the recipient.

Archived