(Archived) Evernote 5 Search Notes (F6) hangs ...

Michael Gartner

Using Evernote 4, this was my go to action (F6). It would clear all tags, and show all notes. I also email myself notes multiple times throughout the day, so F9-F6-Tab-Home would get me to my latest notes right away.

With Evernote 5, just hitting F6 makes Evernote unresponsive for a good few seconds sometimes. Anyone else having this issue?

• 2 months later...

I have the same issue with 5.03.1614.

It isn't pressing F6, it is typing in the first 2 characters of the search. Everytime I do that Evernote hangs for a couple of seconds, probably to load suggestions and saved searches.

It's a real pain, of course, because Evernote is supposed to be known for quick searching. I mean there are blogs everywhere that tell you not to bother with too many tags or too many notebooks because the search function is quick and amazing.  I hope this can get fixed soon.

That effect is known; a couple of characters in, the automatic search occurs (it's defaulted to 1/2 second, I think). There are ways to disable this; here's one: http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/47549-can-i-make-evernote-stop-searching-as-im-typing/

Seems that the default is now 150ms. Need to update my info on this. :P

That would be because it was carried over from a previous version. I find the default by deleting the key. It isn't something I would necessarily recommend (Not something people are always comfortable with, regardless of what they are used for)

When Evernote is started again, it recreates the key to it's default value. This is how I got 150

So it will be 50 or 150 depending on when/how it was installed I believe.

• Level 5*

I find the default by deleting the key. It isn't something I would necessarily recommend (Not something people are always comfortable with, regardless of what they are used for)

I just rename it to something obviously related to the original name. :)

Archived