(Archived) Intitle search removed; need alternative

Johnny McClung

The intitle search feature on the iPad has been removed. I'm not going to sit here and complain about it. However, my whole system for finding notes were based upon that search feature. Does anyone have any suggestions of something I can start to implement so that I can find notes again?

I really don't want to do this, but my best thought is to start adding a bunch of tags. Or notebooks. I've enjoyed having few notebooks & tags to keep a clean interface, but I'll do it if it means finding my notes.

Any ideas are welcomed. Thank you.

The intitle search feature on the iPad has been removed. I'm not going to sit here and complain about it. However, my whole system for finding notes were based upon that search feature. Does anyone have any suggestions of something I can start to implement so that I can find notes again?

I really don't want to do this, but my best thought is to start adding a bunch of tags. Or notebooks. I've enjoyed having few notebooks & tags to keep a clean interface, but I'll do it if it means finding my notes.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/42617-a-question-and-a-thought/?hl=intitle

• Level 5*

I value portability and reliability -- if I stand up in a meeting, try to pull up my notes using a saved search, and nothing happens, then the app's failure to perform at that critical moment (this happened to me last time we lost the intitle search) outweighs pretty much any other benefits I might derive from the app. In an effort to avoid having something like this ever happen again, in addition to these extra "hooks" I mention below, I have all of my notes mirrored in the notesy app on my iPad.

We've lost this search feature before. Knowing that features come and go, I have multiple "hooks" to navigate my notes. I generally prefer not to rely too much on features that cannot export out of Evernote (tags, places, etc.) just in case something happens (the app stops working) and I need to export my notes into another app such as notesy. I also write in markdown to ensure that everything moves smoothly from one app to another with little or no loss in readability (ironically, without markdown support, my notes look the worst in Evernote). Yet, Evernote has so many strengths (on good days) I have stuck with it for about 5 years now.

Here is what I recommended in another thread.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/42541-evernote-for-ios-7/?p=227771

Geez.  Just saw this item about intitle searches not working on EN for iOS 7.  Because of glitches like this, I shudder everytime EN announces a major upgrade.  Using wildcards (*) in searches no longer works either.  Between these two problems, I'm practically dead in the water. And I'm often experiencing long response delays when entering or changing search parameters. That's a new one.

Archived