(Archived) Problem with globally adding checkboxes to selected links

lisec

I chatted with Evernote about this and a ticket was created, but the csr thought I should post here as well (for a simpler workaround perhaps).

I have a number of links, one link per line.

I select the links (Ctrl A)

I select the checkbox icon to add checkboxes to all the lines

The problem: when I go to check one of the checkboxes, the link opens.

There is obviously a bug with globally applying checkboxes to multiple lines when those lines are links.

The work around was to manually add a checkbox to each line at the beginning of the link, but that isn't really an option for me, as I have 200+ such lines.

I am a beta tester. I keep a notebook called bugs, where each bug gets its own note.

Whenever I get a new version of the software, I create a new note and paste the links to all the bug notes.

I then want to add checkmarks to those links. As I do my testing, I place a checkmark next to each bug that has been fixed for this  particular version. Screenshot attached.

If anyone knows of a workaround that doesn't involve manually adding a checkbox for each line, that would be great.

post-131873-0-42212900-1379620809_thumb.

• Level 5*

If the CSR filed a ticket, then it should be picked up as a bug -- I was able to replicate it easily.

No easy workaround, though I suppose that you can make things easier by copying the first checkbox, and then doing a series of <Down><Home>Ctrl+V keyboard sequences. In my life as a developer, I have done many such (when search/replace just doesn't suffice).

If the CSR filed a ticket, then it should be picked up as a bug -- I was able to replicate it easily.

No easy workaround, though I suppose that you can make things easier by copying the first checkbox, and then doing a series of <Down><Home>Ctrl+V keyboard sequences. In my life as a developer, I have done many such (when search/replace just doesn't suffice).

Jefito, thanks. Yeah, that's what I ended up doing.  Of course with a new build every couple of days, I will not be able to go with my original method which was to simply copy/paste all the bug links into a new note because I would have to redo that manual entering of checkboxes everytime, and that I just can't afford to do. I should have checked that everything worked to my satisfaction before going ahead with new SQA method. My bad.

Archived