(Archived) Notebook content missing after upgrade to iOS7 and EN 7

BeeTee-Ess

The title says it all.

I upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS7, and installed EN 7.

I can see all of my EN notebooks, but in each case, EN is telling me "No notes found." I still have my notebook content on my PC version of EN, so it is not totally lost, but syncing the iPhone version does not bring it back.

Has anyone else seen this? Any suggestions?

• Level 5*

Yes, but I lost all my notes since 8/27 because that was the last time it sync'd. Overly upset about this! There was VERY important information into those notes!

I'm sorry to hear that. Of course, nothing should go missing! And, this is obviously a problem. However, I cannot stress enough that you need to regularly sync and backup your data no matter what app you are using. It's part of good digital hygiene.

Perhaps it is possible to retrieve the data using one of your backups in iTunes (assuming you have backed up your data to iCloud or iTunes). I strongly recommend contacting support (see the link in my signature) to see if they can help you recover the data.

Uninstall/reinstall didn't help on my iPhone5 w/ iOS7 and v7 of Evernote.

The notebooks have also disappeared from my web-page also, so the problem migrates. I turned off sync on my laptop's Evernote to retain the notebooks there until I hear of a working fix.

Both Evernote v7 on my iPhone5 with iOS7, and the website, also show a corrupted display name with an extra "0" appended to it. And, the email-link for the iOS7 version differs from the laptop version, which makes no sense.

Logging out/in on the iPhone version also makes no difference.

I bought an iPhone5S and restored a backup to it. I suspect Evernote might have updated on the device, but I'm not sure. In any event, Evernote was showing that I had only one note. It also showed all of my notebooks, but they all indicated that they were empty. Uninstalling and reinstalling solved this issue, but Evernote should have worked out of the box. Period.

I appreciate all who repeatedly state that (re)installation is necessary and that it works perfectly, but I'm here to say that it doesn't always fix the problem.

Uninstall/reinstall, logging in and forcing a sync hasn't fixed it in multiple attempts. The web-page still shows all my notebooks are gone also.

I have Evernote installed on my personal and my work laptop and both show all my notebooks, and they were able to sync to each other via Evernote's system. I have them both set to NOT sync automatically now, lest the problem migrate to them too, but prior to getting that setting tweaked, my personal laptop resynced and correctly pulled in all the notebooks that had changed.

So, something is broken in the system, and uninstalling/installing isn't the fix for everything.

I'm working with support and hopefully they can dig into their database and find something is corrupted, because that's what it smells like.

And, just to reveal a bit about me, I've got over 30 years experience developing professionally on all sorts of platforms, and have helped design and write systems like Evernote's, have done alpha/beta testing on lots of hardware and systems, so this ain't my first rodeo. I'd have figured out the fix within minutes if it was a simple uninstall/reinstall solution. It's deep in the system or software or processes.

• Level 5*

I appreciate all who repeatedly state that (re)installation is necessary and that it works perfectly, but I'm here to say that it doesn't always fix the problem.

Uninstall/reinstall, logging in and forcing a sync hasn't fixed it in multiple attempts. The web-page still shows all my notebooks are gone also.

I have Evernote installed on my personal and my work laptop and both show all my notebooks, and they were able to sync to each other via Evernote's system. I have them both set to NOT sync automatically now, lest the problem migrate to them too, but prior to getting that setting tweaked, my personal laptop resynced and correctly pulled in all the notebooks that had changed.

So, something is broken in the system, and uninstalling/installing isn't the fix for everything.

I'm working with support and hopefully they can dig into their database and find something is corrupted, because that's what it smells like.

And, just to reveal a bit about me, I've got over 30 years experience developing professionally on all sorts of platforms, and have helped design and write systems like Evernote's, have done alpha/beta testing on lots of hardware and systems, so this ain't my first rodeo. I'd have figured out the fix within minutes if it was a simple uninstall/reinstall solution. It's deep in the system or software or processes.

Well, it is working for other people, so it smells to me like a conflict in your device. I do not have so much experience, though. All I can say is that we have had a case in the past when an entirely separate app was causing issues with Evernote. I would have thought that sandboxing made that impossible, but apparently not. Anyhow, if possible, I'd try a factory install and see what happens. If Evernote works, add your apps back in one at a time.

Of course, this might be way too much hassle, and it could be better to let support work their magic.

Regarding the IOS 7 upgrade, I was able to open Evernote successfully and see my notes on my iPad only after deleting the old app, navigating to the App Store, pressing the icon to install, Then IMMEDIATELY pressing OPEN. I hope this helps.

Previously, I had closed out of the App Store without opening the app; instead, I had navigated to the Evernote icon on my desktop to open. Doing this allowed me to launch Evernote successfully once, but a second launch resulted in a blank screen.

I also had my notes disappear (actually 2 to 5 notes eventually showed up) after upgrading to iOS 7 and Evernote 7. 

The suggested solution to uninstall/reinstall Evernote worked perfectly. Thanks, zdarma, for posting the solution.

(I suspect the issue results from corrupt user data on the device, reinstalling forces the creation of new user data from the cloud source).

I found a solution in another forum. If you un-install and re-install, apparently it fixes the problem. I don't have my iPad with me now, but I will try it this evening when I get home. I figure, it can't be any worse than it is now.

Hi,

Same problem over here. I'm using EN on my laptop and 2 ipad devices.

On 1 ipad device i :

1. Executed an ios7 upgrade

2. Performed an EN7 upgrade

Result : notebooks are there but all my notes are gone.

On my 2nd ipad i:

1. Executed an ios7 upgrade

Did not yet perform an EN7 upgrade

Result: notebooks are there AND notes are still visible.

Based upon the above suggestions i'm going to try to uninstall evernote and install again on my ipad1 and hopes it works

Since a have a premium account i've also logged a business case in order to escalate my issue.

Philippe

Archived