(Archived) Tab format like any other word processor

JFurm

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this question has already been answered or not...i took a look around the forums abit but didn't find anything that helped me out.

I use evernote for everything at work and in my personal life...one thing i've always wanted though is the formatting to line up when using the tab key. For example when using MS word / google docs the tab key behavior is that it lines up on predetermined areas on the page so you can organize your information in a very clean manor. When i try to do this with evernote the tab key seems to jump ahead 4 or 5 spaces...but not to predetermined areas. This can be very frustruating trying to line up quotes, pricing etc without my note looking like absolute chaos.

Does anybody have a fix for this so the tab key behaves like a word processor rather than a plain text editor such as notepad?

Thanks!

• Level 5*

Evernote is based on HTML, and tab characters have no meaning there. You can use the indentation tools to line up columns (Ctrl+M, Ctrl+Shift+M), also the Tab key works in some situations (though it doesn't insert a tab character, sometimes it inserts some number of spaces, which, with variable-spaced typefaces doesn't work so well).

Evernote is based on HTML, and tab characters have no meaning there. You can use the indentation tools to line up columns (Ctrl+M, Ctrl+Shift+M), also the Tab key works in some situations (though it doesn't insert a tab character, sometimes it inserts some number of spaces, which, with variable-spaced typefaces doesn't work so well).

Thanks Jeff, i'll look into the indentation tools you mentioned to line up columns.

Archived