(Archived) iPad highlights to Evernote

Mike Foley

I'm a new user and can't find an answer to this question the by searching the forum or Google. 

It's probably an easy one.

I've loaded Evernote on my Mac and iPad. I want to be able to transfer highlighted text from iBooks or Kindle ( for iPad) to Evernote. After all, what's the point of highlighting stuff if it can't be used to create connections and fire synapses. ( And I'm an Amazon.uk Kindle user which doesn't seem to be as well-supported as A.com)

Can anyone advise me how's it done?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

you can get your Kindle highlights at: https://kindle.amazon.com/your_highlights. There you can copy and paste them to Evernote.

As for iBooks for iPad that is a bit more complicated since it depends on the book - whether the book allows it. If yes, you can do it in the highlight overview under the sharing menu. There you select the highlights and then you email it. I am using the new iBook version of IOS 7. You can do the same on a Mac with Mavericks (if you are a developer) or wait until Maverick comes out.

Palladion,

thanks for the reply but it doesn't work.

I'm using the Kindle app on my iPad (as I don't really want to have to carry a Kindle as well).

I'm based in the UK, where Amazon.co.uk has different (less useful) support pages from A...com; there isn't a 'your highlights' option. 

So my highlights remain hidden in my books forever, unless I use a pen and paper to write them down and transfer manually into another program e.g. Evernote. 

Does any UK user of the iPad app know how to solve this?

Thanks,

Mike

Archived