(Archived) Access to Saved Searches

markjl

Hello

I would like saved searches to be more accessible in the desktop version.

Instead of clicking F10, I would like saved searches to be available from the menu bar
Is it possible? Or are saved searches available quickly in search similar to title:

Herewith my illustration of the thing in a shared Evernote !

? Thanks if you have the answer.

• Level 5*

Just found that you right-click the search box to save a search and get a list of saved searches.  You can drag and drop from there into the starred "shortcuts" item in the left hand panel. (5.0.1.1188)

• Level 5*

Note that this is for Evernote Windows V4; this is not supported in the new nearly-released V5.

Is that so? That really makes me not want to upgrade ...  :(

That is so. Not everyone's happy about that. I find the toolbar is a better place for things like these, myself.

This note refers to V5.

Clicking in the Search bar (right or left click) does indeed bring up Saved Searches, and they can be dragged into Shortcuts in the left panel, but...

This only works the first time you click the search bar.  If it has some text already, or even just a flashing cursor, then clicking it does nothing.  You have to clear the search, then re-click to see Saved Searches again.

Furthermore, there is no Saved Searches at the bottom of the left panel anymore, and no way to add it there that I can find.

Love Evernote but experiencing a little grrr here.  Please, we just need to be able to have Saved Searches accesible on the Toolbar (left panel not a good place, things scroll away too easily and many users keep it closed).

This note refers to V5.

Clicking in the Search bar (right or left click) does indeed bring up Saved Searches, and they can be dragged into Shortcuts in the left panel, but...

This only works the first time you click the search bar.  If it has some text already, or even just a flashing cursor, then clicking it does nothing.  You have to clear the search, then re-click to see Saved Searches again.

Furthermore, there is no Saved Searches at the bottom of the left panel anymore, and no way to add it there that I can find.

Love Evernote but experiencing a little grrr here.  Please, we just need to be able to have Saved Searches accesible on the Toolbar (left panel not a good place, things scroll away too easily and many users keep it closed).

Can you elaborate on your normal usage of saved searches? Once they are in Shortcuts, is there still an issue of access?

Note that this is for Evernote Windows V4; this is not supported in the new nearly-released V5.

Sorry, I have not looked at Version 5 yet .... is the reason that this is "not supported" in V5 that (i) you cannot store Saved Searches on the Favorites toolbar, or (ii) the Favorites toolbar no longer exists? 

- curious catbert

• Level 5*

Sorry, I have not looked at Version 5 yet .... is the reason that this is "not supported" in V5 that (i) you cannot store Saved Searches on the Favorites toolbar, or (ii) the Favorites toolbar no longer exists? 

- curious catbert

Favorites toolbar does not exist. There is a toolbar, but the things that you can put on them are Evernote-specific, not anything like you can put in shortcuts.

Archived