(Archived) POST HERE IF YOU WANT MOBILE EDITING

Hi all,

Evernote is an excelent software/service, but for me and for many others there is great feature missing in the mobile versions (Windows Mobile in my case).

This feature is mobile editing, is a big disapointment being unable to edit notes taken from the web or desktop.

The answer from the developer when asked why this feature is limited in the mobile versions is that the mobile platforms lack the rich text editor control, but I'm a developer and I know for shure there are plenty of rich text editors at least for the windows mobile platform. If for other reasons that rich text editor control is still unusable in the mobile versions there are still other options that can be implemented so the users can edit in the mobile clients. One of them is that the user is alerted that if he/she edits the note in the mobile client the formating will be lost, that solution would work for me.

Other option is that editing in the mobile client can only append information and not edit the already existing content, I think this is not as good as the first one but still is a way to solve the problem,

I CALL ALL THE PEOPLE THAT WANT MOBILE EDITING TO POST A REPLY IN THIS TOPIC AND GIVE THEIR OPINION ON HOW YOU WOULD LIKE MOBILE EDITING TO BE IMPLEMENTED.

Thnx to the developers of this great service and keep the good work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am just using the free version in place of OneNote for a while as my laptop is away and so far I am very impressed; enough to switch for good.

The only thing that seems to be annoying is the mobile version. Its brilliant apart from two features:

1) The ability to edit all notes (text) on the mobile.

2) A local cache of the notes so you can get at them when out of mobile service coverage.

Are these planned features? Again as per other comments happy to upgrade to premium for these features.

Chris.

1) The ability to edit all notes (text) on the mobile.

2) A local cache of the notes so you can get at them when out of mobile service coverage.

Lots of consensus from users of all mobile platforms on those features.

However, if OneNote worked with my iPhone I'd switch in a minute. As a desktop note taking app ON beats EN hands down. Its the syncing and availability on the mobile platforms that makes EN a winner.

• 2 weeks later...

If I can add my opinion to this thread I wish remark that evernote editing in mobile apps (spcifically win mobile) is an essential feature for me in everyday notetaking task.

As model for editing I would like to reccomand the same approach of "pdf annotator" (http://www.ograhl.com/en/pdfannotator/) that is really amazing for pdf note editing management, but I can accept compromise in case of difficulties in the implemetation.

Further, as others mention, I would like to see the possibility to maintain a local copy of the note DB when I was in place were is simply not practical get the note from the air. Infact I often found myself in place without any wireless coverage and the impossibility to get my notes at hand on my win mobile device is a severe limitation in the evernote use for me :)

If this can stimulate development of the above features on win mobile device I will be available to pay for the application icluding these features!

I hope anyhone at evernote can give us some feedback...

Archived