(Archived) Error: The file “Evernote.sql” could not be opened...

MarinaMartin

Idea

When I try to sync Evernote for Mac with my web account, I get the following error message:

The file “Evernote.sql” could not be opened because it is not in the right format.

This happened on and off for the past few days, but today it happens every single time I sync.

The sync appears to complete okay (I can see my latest changes on the web), although the little dot indicating that a particular note is not synced does not go away (even if I click away from the note and click back on it).

A Google search revealed a similar error for the iGTD program which (translated to Evernote) suggested deleting the /Evernote/ folder within /Library/Application Support/ ... I moved the files out of there and tried deleting the folder just for the heck of it (seemed to solve all the iGTDers' problems) but then Evernote wouldn't open at all, saying just "Invalid File."

I moved the files back into /Library/Application Support/Evernote/ and Evernote boots up again but continues giving me the *.sql error every single time.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Marina

2 replies to this idea

If you don't have any important notes that have not been synchronized to the service, you can try the following:

Please try moving your Evernote database directory so that Evernote will regenerate a new local database by copying your notes back down from the service. To do this:

Quit Evernote, and quit the Evernote clipper in the menu bar.

In the finder, open the "Library" folder in your home directory. (This is in the directory with your name, NOT at the top level of your hard drive.)

Navigate to "Application Support", and then "Evernote"

Move the "data" directory from that location to a different place (like the desktop)

Start Evernote, provide your username and password again if needed

This will synchronize all of your notes from the service and create a new local database.

I deactivated the Evernote Helper in Finder. I quit Safari (it has its own Evernote extension). I deleted in the Finder ALL the files that belongs to Evernote.

I deleted the trash and installed Evernote again. All the notes were downloaded again. Everything is OK.

In a mac mini with Mac OS X 10.6.8.

- - - - - - - - - - -

En español:

Desactivé Evernote Helper. Salí de Safari para que no estuviera activa la extensión de Evernote.

Busqué en el Finder TODOS los archivos que pertenecieran a Evernote. Los llevé a la papelera y los borré.

Volví a instalar Evernote, se descargaron las notas y todo va perfecto.

La configuración: un mac mini con Mac OS X 10.6.8.

Archived