Unable to see tags in specific workbook

Collins

So, I use a system in order to keep track of things in evernote, and it involves me looking at tags for within a workbook. I got another computer, and I now cannot see tags within a specific workbook. I have an "active" workbook and a "completed" workbook, and if I check on a tag that I use for how long a task takes to do for example "20-60 minutes" I only want to see the notes that are in the active notebook with that tag. I don't want to see the things that I have already completed. I have this setup and working on all my other computers, but on the new computer I cannot seem to figure out how to get this functionality to work. 

Any help would be great. 

So, I use a system in order to keep track of things in evernote, and it involves me looking at tags for within a workbook. I got another computer, and I now cannot see tags within a specific workbook. I have an "active" workbook and a "completed" workbook, and if I check on a tag that I use for how long a task takes to do for example "20-60 minutes" I only want to see the notes that are in the active notebook with that tag. I don't want to see the things that I have already completed. I have this setup and working on all my other computers, but on the new computer I cannot seem to figure out how to get this functionality to work. 

Any help would be great.

What client are you using?

• Level 5*

The only way I know to do it is to do a search: notebook:Evernote tag:"20 to 60 Minutes" where you replace Evernote with the name of each notebook you want to search for that tag. You then need to save the search - it will be added to your saved searches in the shortcuts in the left panel. Unfortunately, Evernote has not been able to reimplement showing only tags that are used in the current notebook since the "upgrade" to version 5. Workarounds for several "features" that we knew and loved are now necessary. Hopefully, they will be restored before too long, but I am not holding my breath!

• 8 months later...
  • Level 5*

Does anyone know if/when this functionality will be re-added?  It was a critical part of my workflow, missing it very much as it provides a ton of clarity for focus for those of us with a lot of tags.

Thanks-Aaron

Evernote doesn't usually reveal their feature roadmaps. As best I can tell, what's being asked for is at least partially implemented by selecting a notebook, then clicking on the tag icon on the right-hand side of the the search panel that appears above your note list; that should give you a dropdown of tags available in your selected notebook (in list form, not tree form, and the note counts shown are for your whole account as far as I can tell, not just for that notebook). Go from there.

Archived