(Archived) Had to Turn Off 2-Factor Authentication

Dear Evernote:

Just a quick note to say I really liked 2-factor authentication. That is, until you broke the Web Clipper, and I had to go back to the older version, which wouldn't accept my password until I turned off 2-factor authentication. So, now I can clip again, although at the expense of security for my account. So, thanks for making me less safe! I really appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Soon-to- be Ex-Premium Customer

Or, I could point out that I already contacted support, and their response was to tell me to go back to the previous version. Or, I could point out that your snotty comment inadvertently revealed an ugly truth: that the service WAS useful in the past, but not any more. Or, I could simply realize that the Internet is full of moronic trolls, and not bother to respond to them. What to do...

Or, I could point out that I already contacted support, and their response was to tell me to go back to the previous version. Or, I could point out that your snotty comment inadvertently revealed an ugly truth: that the service WAS useful in the past, but not any more. Or, I could simply realize that the Internet is full of moronic trolls, and not bother to respond to them. What to do...

Or...since you chose to revert to personal attacks, we could lock this thread... Consider this a warning.

I don't know why you're being so "snotty" (your word) - all you had to do was say in your OP you'd already contacted support & received a reply. We're not mind readers.

Good luck with whatever service you find to replace Evernote.

Or, I could point out that Metrodon started it with his toys and prams comment, but hey, why let facts stand in the way of a good threat? In any case, I'm not sure why you think locking this thread requires a warning: do you really think I care either way? Warnings like that are like a hippy threatening to punch me in my aura.

I only recently became an Evernote user, and I managed to function perfectly well without it; I'm sure I'll be fine. Good luck maintaining your customer base by insulting and threatening us: you really know how to make your company look good!

Or, I could point out that Metrodon started it with his toys and prams comment, but hey, why let facts stand in the way of a good threat? In any case, I'm not sure why you think locking this thread requires a warning: do you really think I care either way? Warnings like that are like a hippy threatening to punch me in my aura.

I only recently became an Evernote user, and I managed to function perfectly well without it; I'm sure I'll be fine. Good luck maintaining your customer base by insulting and threatening us: you really know how to make your company look good!

FYI, as stated in my sig, I'm not affiliated with Evernote.

Locking thread, since it started out fairly unproductive & quickly degenerated.

Archived