(Archived) Notes and Notebooks

I usually make everything in a Note first, and if I see that there are going to be more items, I go to Notebooks and create a Notebook for that item.

Then I right click and in the dropdown box "Send to Notebook" and the name of the Notebook.  But I like the idea of opening a notebook and

seeing what's inside as stacks.  So I understand that "Stacks" have to be Notebooks and not Notes.

I guess this is a basic question but it still has me confused. I need to "rethink" this in my mind so I don't have further problems because sometimes

the new Notebooks disappear when I click "stacks".

I usually make everything in a Note first, and if I see that there are going to be more items, I go to Notebooks and create a Notebook for that item.

Then I right click and in the dropdown box "Send to Notebook" and the name of the Notebook. But I like the idea of opening a notebook and

seeing what's inside as stacks. So I understand that "Stacks" have to be Notebooks and not Notes.

I guess this is a basic question but it still has me confused. I need to "rethink" this in my mind so I don't have further problems because sometimes

the new Notebooks disappear when I click "stacks".

You can click on a notebook to see what notes are in that notebook.

Each note lives in a notebook.

Notebooks contain notes. Stacks group notebooks & do not contain notes.

If you click on a stack, only the notes in notebooks in that stack are displayed.

It's also helpful to specify which client(s) you are using.

Archived