Serious but fixable flaws with new clipper

chatto

Idea

There are two serious flaws with the new clipper for me, but should be easy to fix.

1. Smart filing never works for me. I would like new clips to go to my default notebook, but that is not an option. so I need to manually adjust the note book for each note, which is a pain.

2. Minimum is three clicks to save. It really really needs to be a one click solution. 

Other small irritations

1.Global keyboard shortcut to invoke the clipper doesn't work.

2. Related notes is a useless feature for me, and I'd really like to be able to switch it off. That doesn't seem to appear in the options. 

The mark up features are nice to have, but not essential. Presently this is worse than what it replaced, but I'm sure you can easily fix it. 

4 replies to this idea

I second the motion for an option to disable "Smart" Filing.  It's not smart enough to pick the right folder so I'd greatly prefer that you just drop new notes in my default folder.

Related notes has the same issue, it's not that smart, but I do have an option to turn if off.

I would also add that the Save button is WAY to far down the page. Can we move it up please?

Anyone know why my Web Clipper icon has a number "2" on it?

Edit:  Ahhh, the number is apparently clips that haven't uploaded.  Odd, as I'm pretty sure the clips I've made today are showing up in the desktop client.

Another thing I would like to suggest... I am using the Chrome clipper, and when I try to select a different notebook I cannot click to scroll with the scroll arrows on the side. It closes the selection window. I have to use my mouse scroll wheel, which is alright, but since my wheel is a bit broken and there 'are' scroll arrows to view all of your notebooks, it would be nice if they worked.

I also second less clicks to save a note.

I do love how you can add markup notes, do screenshots and quickly simplify articles. Those are really neat features.

• Level 5*

If you right-click on the clipper icon, you can go to options and disable smart filing, which I did.

Then tell it to pick the last used folder. Then, you only have to pick once and it goes there from now on. Same as the old.

Yeah, frustrating the new one turns that on. I have 30 notebooks and hundreds of tags. A bit of hubris there thinking the clipper is smart enough to figure out where I want it and what I want it tagged as. At least WARN us before turning on a feature we've already turned off.

There are two serious flaws with the new clipper for me, but should be easy to fix.

1. Smart filing never works for me. I would like new clips to go to my default notebook, but that is not an option. so I need to manually adjust the note book for each note, which is a pain.

2. Minimum is three clicks to save. It really really needs to be a one click solution. 

Other small irritations

1.Global keyboard shortcut to invoke the clipper doesn't work.

2. Related notes is a useless feature for me, and I'd really like to be able to switch it off. That doesn't seem to appear in the options. 

The mark up features are nice to have, but not essential. Presently this is worse than what it replaced, but I'm sure you can easily fix it. 

The keyboard shortcut to invoke the clipper not working is a big issue for me. I'm using OS X with Chrome. Does anyone have it working?

Archived