Kudos to EN for iOS version

I admit, I've been very critical of EN for a long time. That's because I've become an infrequent user, and every time I try and do something in EN, I find a new interface in which I can't find most of the features. So I went it today to get some info, and found the latest version, which I haven't tried out yet. Honestly, I am impressed. I found most of what I want/need in EN in a few minutes of playing. Pretty straight forward this time! They even put the little star at the bottom so I can easily find my Favorites again. Yippee! 

Please, please EN staff, don't go messing with the main interface for a while. You got it back to where it's pretty intuitive and functional. If you need to add a feature or two, fine, BUT LEAVE THE MAIN FORMAT AS IS FOR A WHILE, SO WE CAN USE IT PLEASE! 

My only complaint at this point is the those notes that run off the edge of the page (from back when EN forgot how to format simple text notes) still run off the edge of the page. I even tried copying and pasting one into a new note, but the formatting problem came with it. If anyone knows of a fix for these, please let me know. 

• Level 5*

I admit, I've been very critical of EN for a long time. That's because I've become an infrequent user, and every time I try and do something in EN, I find a new interface in which I can't find most of the features. So I went it today to get some info, and found the latest version, which I haven't tried out yet. Honestly, I am impressed. I found most of what I want/need in EN in a few minutes of playing. Pretty straight forward this time! They even put the little star at the bottom so I can easily find my Favorites again. Yippee! 

Please, please EN staff, don't go messing with the main interface for a while. You got it back to where it's pretty intuitive and functional. If you need to add a feature or two, fine, BUT LEAVE THE MAIN FORMAT AS IS FOR A WHILE, SO WE CAN USE IT PLEASE! 

My only complaint at this point is the those notes that run off the edge of the page (from back when EN forgot how to format simple text notes) still run off the edge of the page. I even tried copying and pasting one into a new note, but the formatting problem came with it. If anyone knows of a fix for these, please let me know.

Hi. Glad to hear that the interface is working for you! I haven't had too much of a problem with notes running off the page (it happens, but not often). Have you tried converting them to plain text (the paragraph mark with the diagonal line through it in the editing bar)?

• 3 months later...

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back here. Thanks for the tip. As for the paragraph marker with a slash through it, I don't have it. You may have a different version (i'm using iOS) or they modified the interface again and that's gone.

• Level 5*

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back here. Thanks for the tip. As for the paragraph marker with a slash through it, I don't have it. You may have a different version (i'm using iOS) or they modified the interface again and that's gone.

The latest version of the publicly released app has it. See the screenshots below:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s74/sh/679c1583-234a-4f29-910e-7ee048f4768f/a5def6d58a1ddc3b62fd9cc290a556de

Perhaps you are on the iPhone, and it is missing there, but I don't have my phone with me right now, so I cannot check it.

Thanks for the pic. Yes, I do have that of course, but now I can't find any of the problematic notes. Maybe when they fix the initial problem, it retroactively affected the other notes. If I stumble across one of them, I'll certainly give it a try.

I had my old EN version 4.xx and never missed anything, straightforward, simple, fast to operate, stable (more or less).

Yesterday EN suddenky was upgraded to a current version, maybe I accidentally hit an update button in the appstore, I ignore how... Anyway, I tried it for a few hours: List view of notes was back, but it felt like an afterthought, whereas in 4.x it was just the way it seemed to be made....

To make it short, I reinstalled my old 4.x and will use it as long as it works. I am a premium user, for me EN is the most important working tool, which is why I donot wish for a fancy tool with animations, extra (note) windows opening, side bars (not snippet list) shift left and right, just a simple, clear UI that works.

The PC version does not have these strange new design experiments, but the iOS versions after V4 seemed a big step back in useability.

In general, I mainly work with my iPad, no fancy stuff needed here... Funny enough, I also happen to still use iOS 5.1. I do not like the iOS 7 design, which I find visually too abstract, more difficult for the eye to get a grip on things. Luckily I can resist to the "update virus" most of the time.

Bernie

Archived