(Archived) Tag selected text

• Level 5*

What can I say? In the Evernote architecture, tags can only apply to notes.

I am not clear how tagging selected text would provide for organizing note content -- do you mean that the note's content would move around? Or that the tagged content would only be shown? Or something else?

Hi - I'm also looking for a way to tag selected text in a note - I'm reading lots of different papers and books for my dissertation and creating a new note for each new paper/book I read.  As there are multiple themes within each set of notes I'm making, I would like to highlight theme (tag them) as they emerge.  

I'm disappointed to find I can't tag selected text within a note, however I'm new to EndNote so maybe there is another way of doing this, any ideas?

• Level 5*

I'm disappointed to find I can't tag selected text within a note, however I'm new to EndNote so maybe there is another way of doing this, any ideas?

Surely you mean "Evernote" :)

No workarounds that I know of: you can probably come up with something ad-hoc that could work for you; for example, just adding a keyword at the appropriate point (e.g. "Theme"), and then doing a text search for that. Or just a plain text-search for the themes that you find would suffice, if they're special to your research (i.e., not commonly found in normal content, so that they'd stand out).

Archived