(Archived) Clipper can't connect to web since updated to v 5.0.1

revcrp

Can I downgrade to version 4.x?  v5.x  is giving me grief with the synchronization message "Synchronization complete. Sync has failed due to unexpected problems."

My web clipper is also broken:

"Can not connect to server"

Hi all,

We've found at least one reason for this errors. It is most likely caused by the EPM security setting that was turned ON by default in a recent IE 10 (and above) update. 

A temporary workaround is to manage your security setting until we have a new version of the IE Clipper that can work with the EPM mode setting enabled. This work is underway.

Here's a description:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s13/sh/668556ac-4a5f-46b8-91c4-f7127633ae89/17f79beac86e20d505d102102236e490

The link jbignert supplies to the Evernote work-around is just more BS from a company that doesn't know how to test their software before release.  They blame the problem on IE 10 and the automatic setting of "EPM" (Enable Protected Mode).  This explanation is a total FAIL.  The old version of Evernote and the clipper works just fine no matter how EPM is set.  While it may be true that the new version has a problem with the EPM setting, the problem is not the EPM setting, but the way the new version interacts with it.

With logic like this, one has to wonder if Evernote has a bunch of Tea Party Republicans on staff.

Archived