(Archived) Evernote Just Shows Black Screen

GraceQ

I just installed an update for my Windows 8 laptop Evernote app that the application kept asking me to install. After I installed the update, when I open the Evernote app, all I get is a black screen. I can't find my notes anywhere on my account, and of course I can't access them right now on the app when all I have is a black screen. What should I do to make sure I don't lose my notes? Is there any way I can restore Evernote to an earlier version? Thanks

Actually, quite a few problems going on right now. I contacted Evernote support and they told me to uninstall and reinstall, yet now absolutely NONE of my old notes are showing up and for weeks I have been trying to get them back with no luck. However, if all of your notes show up on your account online, I would try this, because it fixed the app working immediately

To be clear: A weird thing about my situation is that the notes were never on my account anywhere else. Once the app stopped working they were gone with no way for me to retrieve them. If this isn't an issue for you, it should be fine to uninstall and reinstall

I'm not sure! Stay tuned, I'm trying to work with Evernote support to see if I can find them on my hard drive. I would recommend not uninstalling however because I'm afraid that the notes were only saved locally and that might be part of the problem.

Archived