(Archived) URGENT - Local Notebook got converted to Synchronized notebook on its own!

swamisgtd

I recently created a new evernote user account to implement GTD and also installed evernote 5 windows desktop client

I imported all my old notes into this new account.

After the import, evernote advised me to keep all the imported notes in a local notebook because it was more that 60mb and a synchronized notebook would have exhausted my 60mb upload limit. I followed the advice.

Today, I synced evernote and got notified that my 60mb limit is about to get over, only 2% remaining!

I immediately checked the local notebook and it had now become a synced notebook. This is impossible since a local notebook can never be converted into a synced one as per the information on your website.

Now my upload limit is almost full and the entire cycle is still gonna take 25 more days to complete

Please solve this issue immediately and give me back my 60mb upload of this cycle. Please.

I've attached the log file in which there is a log which says - Creating server notebook "Imported Notes"

"Imported notes" was my local notebook where i had imported all my notes.

Thanks a ton, eagerly waiting for this to be resolved...

AppLog_2013-09-09.txt

• Level 5*

This is been a problem since the Beta version. At that time support told me that they couldn't do anything about it because it was still Beta. As a result I have been following up with dlu. Sadly, it happened again today. I believe it may have something to do with Clearly or the Evernote Clipper. However, I could not replicate it. originally, I was using Google Chrome or Internet Explorer (I don't remember which), but today I was using Firefox.

To overcome the immediate problem, I created a new local notebook and moved all my notes into that. I then re-synchronized, and deleted the synchronized local notebook. At some point during that disaster, another notebook got deleted. . Fortunately all the notes were still in the trash, and I was able to recover them.

Definitely very important at the moment to keep good backups!

@metrodon - thank you so much, do i need to convert it or you already did? if i need to, then how? if you have, then where and how can i follow it up?

@FactMan - thank you for sharing your experience.. is there any way other than upgrading to premium to get my 60mb upload back? Did your action of shifting notes do that?

• Level 5*

I did - hopefully you received a ticket number in your email. Post here if you didn't and one of us will follow up.

I'm sure that Evernote will temporarily upgrade you so don't worry about that bit.

• Level 5*

Swamisgtd; I believe I was able to stop the synchronization before it became a problem - I am showing only 187 MB used out of 1 GB, with 12 days left in the cycle (I have a Premium account level). It would have been a problem if the full notebook had been copied to the server.

@Metrodon - i did get a ticket, thanks a ton for such quick response and action.. i strongly hope evernote does increase my upload limit for this cycle..

@FactMan - ok.. yeah man, i noticed after the damage was done.. Hopefully my issue should be resolved asap..

thanks man

:-)

• Level 5*

Check out a little program called EverRegHack. Written by a member of this forum. There is a link in the post: the page it takes you to is all in Russian, but if you scroll down there is a link in English. Gives you a zip file containing the program. Unzip it, then run the program (after closing Evernote). It gives you the ability to change the color of the names of your notebooks (local, shared, joined, and business). , so long as you keep the left panel open, you should be able to see when something has changed. This would allow you to access the log file before it got wiped by restarting the program. Definitely should be useful for our troubleshooting. Of course, now the problem will never occur again, LOL!

This would allow you to access the log file before it got wiped by restarting the program. Definitely should be useful for our troubleshooting. Of course, now the problem will never occur again, LOL!

Hey, sorry mate but i din't understand what you meant by the above ^

Archived