(Archived) Troubleshooting- Migrating Notes Mac

KatieBP

Idea

Hi there,

I recently bought a new MacBook Air and I installed a copy of my old computer's HD using Time Machine. When I tried to open Evernote, my notes were strange, so I did some researching and tried some ideas from the forum and online, but nothing seemed to help. I deleted the program, and reinstalled to start fresh. When I open the program, I get a window stating that my notes are migrating, but instead of opening when it finishes, it prompts me to login over and over again. My notes are normal on my other devices and online. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing seems to help. I am running Mountain Lion. Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi there,

I recently bought a new MacBook Air and I installed a copy of my old computer's HD using Time Machine. When I tried to open Evernote, my notes were strange, so I did some researching and tried some ideas from the forum and online, but nothing seemed to help. I deleted the program, and reinstalled to start fresh. When I open the program, I get a window stating that my notes are migrating, but instead of opening when it finishes, it prompts me to login over and over again. My notes are normal on my other devices and online. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing seems to help. I am running Mountain Lion. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi. Welcome to the forums. As long as your notes are OK at www.evernote.com, I would recommend wiping Evernote from your drive (see the link for extra steps to accomplish this).

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=135

Once it is completely gone, install from the Evernote site and let your notes sync. That should solve the problem.

Archived