(Archived) Strange error when I try to install Evernote on Windows

DeX1009

Hi!

I use Evernote on my Android and use(d) Evernote on my PC Windows 8 64 bit. I got the installation errors with latest release but I could install them launching evernote.msi from a particular folder.

Yesterday I uninstalled Evernote using "Revo Uninstaller", with a full delete of everything about Evernote on my PC. I hoped this allowed me to install new Evernote 5 normally.

Unfortunately, after the uninstall, I see this error when trying to install Evernote 5:

94zm.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Evernote has been already installed from another user. Only one user per installation is supported.

An administrator can install Evernote for each user, but after removing past installations for each user"

I am administrator in my account and I am the only user with this PC. I removed all (also regedit files) of the Evernote files on my PC, I did a search with the key "evernote" and didn't find enything. 

I don't know how to do. Sorry for my bad english and thanks for the support.
  • Level 5*

Raise a support ticket (see below) to get some technical help on this - but also try restarting your computer to see whether its just files left in memory after the uninstall that are preventing your reinstall..

Raise a support ticket (see below) to get some technical help on this - but also try restarting your computer to see whether its just files left in memory after the uninstall that are preventing your reinstall..

Resolved with the workaround for 2732 error. I found Evernote.msi in local folder and I succesfully reinstalled Evernote.

Archived