(Archived) Mixing Personal and Business tags

ianfm

Hi

I tried Evernote Business initially when it was introduced but reverted back to a premium account because it was not suitable for my purposes at the time. I am hoping now that things have improved because I would ideally like to use it in my small business amongst my very small workforce. I am considering moveing back to Evernote Business but before I do I would like to find out a few more things. One of the problems IMO with evernote marketing is that they don't give enough information about how it all works and because they don't allow a trial "try before you buy" then you are really buying in the dark.

I use Evernote all the time, it is my library, reference tool, crm, research tool and my GTD app. What I would like to know now is can I tag a note with both a personal and a business tag. When using the GTD principle I may have an action in a particular context so I would have a note for a particular action and then tag it with the context. The context may include personal and business actions, for example @phone may include business and personal calls to make. I then have to tag the note with the projects tag and this may be a personal or a business project, so if my @phone tag resides in my personal tags and my @[project name] is a business tag can I put both tags into one note. All my action notes reside in my "Actions Active" notebook which is at the moment a personal notebook

I hope I have not made this too complicated for anyone to follow.

If anyone has any ideas or experience about this then I would be grateful for some feedback.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

I have found (in EN 5 Windows) that mixing personal and business tags appears to work ok, at least it does for me. For example, using GTD methodology I have personal notebooks and business notebooks with actions in them tagged @Office. In the tags list I have a personal tag @Office and a business tag @Office. It does not matter which one I click on as filtering with either of them brings up a list of all my notes tagged @Office whether they are personal or business. Both tags show in the tag box (see image).

This is a good feature, hope it stays and can be rolled out to mobile platforms too.

post-88395-0-44732400-1380135937_thumb.p

Archived