(Archived) Cleared Reminders stay in Reminder list

Michael Goulding

Just love using the new reminders in Evernote, finally I can use EN for all my work management!

But one thing I find annoying. If I have a note with a reminder on it, and I click "Clear Reminder" (as opposed to "Mark Complete") it is still staying in my reminders list at the top of the notes list? I can't get rid of it from there?? Surely this is a bug?

• Level 5*

I think that "Clear Reminder" is misleading/confusing; you've just clearing the reminder's date, but the note is still a reminder note (remember, you can create a reminder without setting the date). You need to mark it complete, and have "Show recently completed reminders" unchecked in the Reminders options.

Yeah I wondered that too, but when you clear the reminder the icon colour goes from blue back to black. The note also looses its reminder options in the right click menu (from the notes list) so it seems to me it is in fact taking a reminder off the note but it is just leaving it in the notes list.

• Level 5*

Hard to tell, but I since you can create a reminder note that has no due date, and you can take a reminder that has a due date and clear it (which just deletes the due date), and there's a separate action that is Mark Complete, I'd say that what you're seeing is just some glitches in some of the ancillary stuff (icon color, and right-click menu mishap). As far as I can tell, there are plain old notes, reminder note with no due date, and reminder notes with due dates. The latter two appear in the reminder list, unless marked complete (and the list is set to not show completed reminders).

I'm having this same issue with Reminders not clearing out of the Reminder List on Windows 5.0.1.1174 Release. 

I'd also like a shortcut or something so that I can see the Reminders list at will, and not just when Reminder notes are showing in the Note List.

Just a couple startup wrinkels, but overall it looks very clean.

I'm seeing this too.  If I clear the Reminder from a Note with the Windows Client the note stays in the Reminder List - but after a Sync the same note is removed from the Reminder List on the Web Client and Android App, but remains on the Reminder List on the Windows Client, even though the note has no Reminder.  I even tried uninstalling Evernote, cleaning out the database directory, and then re-building with a fresh install, but I'm still getting the same thing.

• Level 5*

Yeah, folks -- I think that you can stop reporting this at this point. It's a bug (as I am now convinced, thank you Michael Goulding :)) and it happens to everyone. Since Evernote reads every post, they know about it, and more reports are just redundant.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived