Feature Request - Pen Styles and Highlighting

bheeres

Idea

I love Evernote and Penultimate, but there are times I'd really like a few more pen choices but for sure I'd like the ability to have a highlighter option to go back through notes and highlight certain things.  I hate to compare products but Bamboo Paper has these features,  it just doesnt integrate into Evernote as well so I am sticking with Penultimate even without these features.

Any plans to add these?

thanks

6 replies to this idea

I am trying Penultimate because it syncs with Evernote. I use several other handwriting note programs and I miss the highlight feature. Upad highlights in several colors and allows the user to change pen width. A plus for penultimate is the search feature is very user friendly.

I am a huge supporter of EN and respect Penultimate, however it is rather rudimentary as far as providing a full writing experience and functionality.

It also suffers from a poor palm rejection (even with the Adonit Evernote Jot Script). I therefore concluded that notwistanding its ability to sync with EN, it was for me a mobile "white board" or a note jotting app for use when meeting with one or two people and using a basic stylus. In that capacity it is an excellent app.

My search for a solution led me to "Noteshelf " which not only provides an intuitive, very functional writing interface with very good compatibility with the Adonit EN Jot Script ( with highlighting, paper, pen and pencil options) but also has the added benefit (through a in app purchase) of sync to my beloved EN.

Most importantly it is simple to use.

I recommend that you give this a try.

Not sure about the free version as I just went ahead, on the basis of positive reviews, to buy the App.

Be sure to check the setting on the tool bar associated with the page window rather than the notebook / shelf window as there are different options in each.

So far I have had a problem free run.

Thanks,  I was just hesitating to buy it, seems like I'd tried/purchased about 10 of these writing apps trying to find the one that fits my needs with Evernote.  I wish they would just add handwriting inside Evernote and be done with it.

Archived