(Archived) List View for Windows

mattbytes

Hi mattbytes, welcome to the forum :)

It was actually in the Windows version before the mac, though it is somewhat more hidden.

You can enable it by:

- Pressing Ctrl + Shift + F5

or

- Shift Clicking on "List" in the view menus.

Scott

It was actually in the Windows version before the mac, though it is somewhat more hidden.

Scott, EN keyboard shortcut guru, do you know if there's anything to get to the notebook selection for a note in V5? F3 edits the tags but it's impossible to get to the note selector using the keyboard? 

• 6 months later...

This is very interesting and an undocumented feature, I think. I run the Windows version and I never knew you could CTL+SHIFT+F5 to get the list view moved to the left. Very handy. 

Are there any more undocumented keyboard shortcuts or features?

• Level 5

This is very interesting and an undocumented feature, I think. I run the Windows version and I never knew you could CTL+SHIFT+F5 to get the list view moved to the left. Very handy. 

Are there any more undocumented keyboard shortcuts or features?

Yes, the new and improved Vertical Note List View is impressive. I have been using it for almost 2 years. It is fantastic. It gives me tons of search result information and maximizes the note content.

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s2/sh/1a494a7a-60d6-42fe-8ca3-9e36ced9df5b/3f67daf3f29d432a98ac66c63f1a6e60

But it is more a Stealth Note List View if you try to find any reference to it in Evernote documentation. I have a sinking feeling there is something wrong, perhaps an internal conflict, or something in their long range plans that is preventing Evernote from promoting it.

Regarding other Windows keyboard shortcuts - this list might help:

http://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23168552

Thanks for the links!

I had the one listing keyboard shortcuts, but didn't see the vertical list view shortcut so thought maybe it was out of date.

Two years, huh? Wish I'd known about that sooner! I've been wishing for just such a view for a while... probably about two years :)

• Level 5

Thanks for the links!

I had the one listing keyboard shortcuts, but didn't see the vertical list view shortcut so thought maybe it was out of date.

Two years, huh? Wish I'd known about that sooner! I've been wishing for just such a view for a while... probably about two years :)

Your comment (along with other similar ones) makes me scratch my head wondering why Evernote would not promote such a terrific feature. The Vertical List View lets me see more of stuff I want to see - my content.

Here is a lively discussion back in 2012 from several Evernote power users about the many benefits of the Vertical List View - there were even a few posts from Evernote employees as well !

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/24180-request-one-more-step-to-perfection-vertical-notes-list/

Archived