Windows V5 Discussion

dlu

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Level 5*

But in general the width serves to meet the other complaints that "it's so far to mouse over to the search". It obviously doesn't need to be that wide to accomodate the search content generally, but recall that it's multi-functional now unlike in v4 and clearly my saved searches may be longer than yours, and I appreciate the width. Primarily it gives a large click target.

It's hard to complain about it being farther away in v5 than in v4 where it used to be in the center, when it starts only a cm to the right of where it used to end, and the click target is half your display.

The argument against the new location is not wholly related to mousing distance (though in my case, it's more like 2 inches away, even on my smallish work monitor, not a cm). The new control may be a better target, but neither of them are particularly good (as opposed to locations on the corners/edges of the screen) -- regardless,the F6 shortcut is easier, and works in both cases. And the "multi-functional" nature of the new control could have been added to the old one.

Anyways, the thing that bugs me about the new location is the disassociation of the search control with the UI element that it modifies -- the note list. For those of us who use a center note view, it's a big focus jump back and forth. But we've had this conversation before... :)

Just a quick remark about making Evernote "visually less cluttered".

Its not like you don't know this, but big controls, lots of space between controls, and so on are visual gimmicks.

"Less cluttered" to me is the ability to shrink the app as small as possible and still be able to use it (somewhat).

For me, this is about voluntarily (and temporarily) dispensing with functionality at my fingertips.  I want to trade off the myriad of capabilities and options for less space and a simpler interface.

But the key to all that is to simply make EVERYTHING (or almost everything) optional.

You can never satisfy everyone all the time, but the more customization you put in the user's hands, the more people you will satisfy, and for longer.

Early in my software engineering career someone once told me that if you "discuss" which way something should be implemented for more than five minutes, then you should make the behavior controllable by the user.  If two high-paid engineers can't agree, your customers never will.  And if you multiply your five minutes by your millions of users, that a lot of wasted time on a feature on which no on can ever be "right", but everyone will have their own "worthless opinion" about.

The single best place to put all your complexity is in the "settings" pages.  I am immediately skeptical of any application that has very few "options". 

No one gets it right all the time, but its software.  We have the power to control the complexity. 

If you are really worried about users complaining of complex settings screens, then take a hint from the graphics panels on computer games.  Invariably you have, for example, a "video" control panel with the handful of settings that almost every user will tweak at one time or another, and then the "advanced" panel for the hard core tweaker.

Another fine example is the about:config in Firefox.  I love the dialog that warns "This might void your warranty".  Probably 90% or more FF users will NEVER open the about:config panel, but for the power users who can't live without the ability to micro-manage their apps, its nirvana.

Another quote I love is "The reason you can't make software foolproof is that fools are so ingenious".  In software development it is SOOOO true.  You can NOT protect your users from hurting themselves, so don't cripple them in a failed attempt to try.

Jim

I can agree with the notion of the search width yielding space if you elect to cram addition items in the customized toolbar.

But in general the width serves to meet the other complaints that "it's so far to mouse over to the search". It obviously doesn't need to be that wide to accomodate the search content generally, but recall that it's multi-functional now unlike in v4 and clearly my saved searches may be longer than yours, and I appreciate the width. Primarily it gives a large click target.

It's hard to complain about it being farther away in v5 than in v4 where it used to be in the center, when it starts only a cm to the right of where it used to end, and the click target is half your display.

Huh?  My v4 search bar is at least 8" away from the v5 search bar, (before I reverted back to v4).  At least.

• Level 5*

Its not like you don't know this, but big controls, lots of space between controls, and so on are visual gimmicks.

"Less cluttered" to me is the ability to shrink the app as small as possible and still be able to use it (somewhat).

For me, this is about voluntarily (and temporarily) dispensing with functionality at my fingertips.  I want to trade off the myriad of capabilities and options for less space and a simpler interface.

But the key to all that is to simply make EVERYTHING (or almost everything) optional.

You can never satisfy everyone all the time, but the more customization you put in the user's hands, the more people you will satisfy, and for longer.

Early in my software engineering career someone once told me that if you "discuss" which way something should be implemented for more than five minutes, then you should make the behavior controllable by the user.  If two high-paid engineers can't agree, your customers never will.  And if you multiply your five minutes by your millions of users, that a lot of wasted time on a feature on which no on can ever be "right", but everyone will have their own "worthless opinion" about.

The single best place to put all your complexity is in the "settings" pages.  I am immediately skeptical of any application that has very few "options". 

No one gets it right all the time, but its software.  We have the power to control the complexity. 

If you are really worried about users complaining of complex settings screens, then take a hint from the graphics panels on computer games.  Invariably you have, for example, a "video" control panel with the handful of settings that almost every user will tweak at one time or another, and then the "advanced" panel for the hard core tweaker.

Another fine example is the about:config in Firefox.  I love the dialog that warns "This might void your warranty".  Probably 90% or more FF users will NEVER open the about:config panel, but for the power users who can't live without the ability to micro-manage their apps, its nirvana.

Another quote I love is "The reason you can't make software foolproof is that fools are so ingenious".  In software development it is SOOOO true.  You can NOT protect your users from hurting themselves, so don't cripple them in a failed attempt to try.

Jim

A fellow customizability enthusiast! An enthusiastic welcome to the forums :)

• Level 5*

<snipped> 

Welcome to the registry. Registry == "advanced panel" :)
  • Level 5*

<snipped> The single best place to put all your complexity is in the "settings" pages.  I am immediately skeptical of any application that has very few "options".  No one gets it right all the time, but its software.  We have the power to control the complexity.  If you are really worried about users complaining of complex settings screens, then take a hint from the graphics panels on computer games.  Invariably you have, for example, a "video" control panel with the handful of settings that almost every user will tweak at one time or another, and then the "advanced" panel for the hard core tweaker. Another fine example is the about:config in Firefox.  I love the dialog that warns "This might void your warranty".  Probably 90% or more FF users will NEVER open the about:config panel, but for the power users who can't live without the ability to micro-manage their apps, its nirvana.

Welcome to the registry. Registry == "advanced panel" :)

I know. I know. But, I am just an interloper here, and my main ise is the Mac, where your registry hacks do not work :(

I have just upgraded to Evernote v5 and am struggling to find it an improvement. After reading the comments on this post I think Evernote have dropped some very useful features without considering the impact on long term users. Am I the only one who finds the loss of the icons next to each notebook that show at a glance which notebook is shared a real problem?

win32-shared_notebooks.jpg

Have I missed something? It seems now you have to select the notebook to see if it is shared, how is this an improvement? I suppose the coloured icons had to go in order to create the new sterile user interface - another example of form over function or am I being cynical?

Please, please can we have some of the colour back it really helps quickly identify things. After all this is supposed to be a productivity app!

In the meantime I am uninstalling v5 and going back to v4, the only feature that interested me in v5 was the reminders but as these are not displayed in List View they are of no use to me! A pity as I find Evernote invaluable and up till now it has been the very best software tool I have invested in to date. Hopefully the developers will find their way again.

• Level 5

I have just upgraded to Evernote v5 and am struggling to find it an improvement. After reading the comments on this post I think Evernote have dropped some very useful features without considering the impact on long term users. Am I the only one who finds the loss of the icons next to each notebook that show at a glance which notebook is shared a real problem?

win32-shared_notebooks.jpg

Have I missed something? It seems now you have to select the notebook to see if it is shared, how is this an improvement? I suppose the coloured icons had to go in order to create the new sterile user interface - another example of form over function or am I being cynical?

No, you are facing the same issue others are facing. Evernote has indicated they are aware of the problem. It is too bad this was not caught before it was released the general public (even though it could be considered to still be a beta). Based on comments in this forum, I believe a patch or fix will be released soon.

• Level 5*

Looks fine but so many bugs in this version! No way I'll continue with my Premium account unless the Evernote team addresses the many glaring problems.

What are the ones that you most care about?
  • Level 5*

They do have a set of grayscale icons for notebooks (you can see them in the notebook view), so I don't think that color is the problem. I think that they'd do well to add them to the notebook tree. You're on your own as far as the "why" part...

Looks fine but so many bugs in this version! No way I'll continue with my Premium account unless the Evernote team addresses the many glaring problems.

Oh man where do I start? Other users have pointed out all my grievances, but the immediate deal breakers, and the reason I just reverted back to V4 are:

1. No saved searches in top bar
  2. Inability to select tags from a specific notebook
  3. Inability to remove tags from a search 

What a relief going back to V4 - I can actually use Evernote again!

I like these s/w development maxims. Thanks for taking the time to contribute.

• Level 5*

Oh man where do I start? Other users have pointed out all my grievances, but the immediate deal breakers, and the reason I just reverted back to V4 are:

• No saved searches in top bar
  • Inability to select tags from a specific notebook
  • Inability to remove tags from a search 
What a relief going back to V4 - I can actually use Evernote again!
Thanks for that. Specifics really help.

Things you may already know (but just to be complete):

* Saved searches can go in the Shortcuts list in the left panel. I don't find that as convenient as the old toolbar myself, but I don't find it unusable.

* I think that Show/Hide unassigned tags will probably come back -- there's a menu entry for it, but it just doesn't work. This really helps thin the tag tree.

* You can easily remove tags from a search if you use the Search Explanation panel (I say 'easily', but sometimes it takes two clicks, rather than one)

Wait - I can go back to V4?  Can someone provide the link for that, and shouldn't that be a topic pinned at the top of the forum so everyone who wants to go back can see it easily?  

(and for all the forum cops who say that I should search for this in the forums: I don't have time to spend a half hour reading forum messages because I've already wasted all the time I can spare trying to use V5).

My problem with V5: performance is so slow it is completely unusable.  And no, this isn't database conversion- I've had it installed for weeks.  Click on a notebook, wait up to 4 minutes for the note list to refresh.  What is that about?  The web version  is literally 100 times faster.  Searches stall while I am typing the search term.  I use Evernote because its a fast way to save and recover information - that's the key value proposition.  V5 has completely erased that value.

• Level 5*

(and for all the forum cops who say that I should search for this in the forums: I don't have time to spend a half hour reading forum messages because I've already wasted all the time I can spare trying to use V5).

Google "evernote v4". Took ~10 seconds.

My problem with V5: performance is so slow it is completely unusable.  And no, this isn't database conversion- I've had it installed for weeks.  Click on a notebook, wait up to 4 minutes for the note list to refresh.  What is that about?  The web version  is literally 100 times faster.  Searches stall while I am typing the search term.  I use Evernote because its a fast way to save and recover information - that's the key value proposition.  V5 has completely erased that value.

You have a real problem, something that I have not experienced in any of the pre-releases, even the alphas. You could open a support request, I suppose, which might help out other V5 users, but there's that time thing again.

Still working to get used to the new interface, it's interesting - and very different from ver 4.6.7 which I must admit, has turned into my favorite windows version so far.

I can say that one difference between 4.6 and 5 (I have ver 4 running in the vm, and ver 5 on the actual desktop) is that in ver 4, "All My Notes" shows the number of my notes (only), while in ver 5, "Notes" seems to show a total of mine plus notes in shared notebooks.

Not having seen a post addressing this (but if there is one, kindly point me to it?), I am asking if there is no longer such a distinction in ver 5?  If that is the case, it does seem counterproductive.

But I welcome anyone's feedback who has a different perspective...

Thanks!

Google "evernote v4". Took ~10 seconds.

Thanks Jef.  I actually did the google thing and found a number of 3rd party sites. But as we all know, downgrading EN is a great way to completely trash your data.  I thought based on the post above that there was an EN-sanctioned route for downgrading to V4.  If that's the case it would be great to know about it, if not I'll just stick with using the web version and give up on EN Windows.

dan7000 - For what it's worth, after I upgraded and spent about 10 days using version 5 extensively, I downloaded 4.6.7 from CNET, made a backup copy of my database folder just in case, uninstalled V5 and installed V4 without a problem.  Upon launching V4 and logging in, all my data was there, including all tags, and saved searches that I had created since upgrading to V5 (searches appeared nicely pinned on the toolbar).  All in all a painless process, but of course that's no guarantee your experience would be similar.  (For reference I have about 2200 notes, most with pdfs or images, about 2GB total...don't know how larger databases would be affected.)

I agree it would be helpful if Evernote would provide some guidance on downgrading, at least while EN5 is still in such flux.  I realize they do not want to encourage it, or even acknowledge that there is demand for it, but If downgrading is a bad idea, they should say so and explain why.  If not, they should provide guidance and the installer - not because it is difficult to find, but because of the uncertainty created when customers have to resort to third parties to acquire Evernote's installer.  (I will now stop trying to tell Evernote how to run their very capable company -- just had to give my $0.02 on their silence on this point.)

Going into second week of stalls and crashes with Evernote Windows Desktop version 5.0.1.1188.  Note:  The sluggish speed was solved by using Evernote.exe /DebugMenu.

Now the stalls and crashes are happening much faster.   I have two tickets* open on this.  No relief in sight.  I've resorted to trying to figure it out on my own.

So far the following actions have triggered a stall and/or crash:

1. Opening up several notes at a time.
  2. Trying to tag certain notes.
  3. Trying to edit text in certain notes.
  4. Doing nothing at all - just selecting a note.

*Ticket# 153757

Ticket# 150858

but because of the uncertainty created when customers have to resort to third parties to acquire Evernote's installer.

I also can't understand that it is necessary to download an installer from a 3rd party site to keep this program run. You never should download software from ohter sites then the original site because it could contain malware (especially spyware is a big danger because of the mass of information stored in evernote).

Any security aware person would recommend you not to do this.

Hi,

I hope I did not oversee something, but the search did not bring any results.

I am using version 5.0.1.1188

please tell me, how can I see in the note(book) tree, which notebooks are shared and which are not? In version 4 they were marked with different icons. Even the web interface has different icons.

I just have little triangles on the left side of the stack. everything else is blank white...

• Level 5*

Hi,

I hope I did not oversee something, but the search did not bring any results.

I am using version 5.0.1.1188

please tell me, how can I see in the note(book) tree, which notebooks are shared and which are not? In version 4 they were marked with different icons. Even the web interface has different icons.

I just have little triangles on the left side of the stack. everything else is blank white...

You cannot tell from the notebook tree. You need to click on the Notebook label in the left panel, and the Notebook view will open up. You can see which notebooks are shared (to you, not by you), business, personal, etc. there.

I think that having icons on the notebook tree labels would be a great help in alleviating some confusion in the cases of shared and Business notebooks.

dan7000 - For what it's worth, after I upgraded and spent about 10 days using version 5 extensively, I downloaded 4.6.7 from CNET, made a backup copy of my database folder just in case, uninstalled V5 and installed V4 without a problem.  Upon launching V4 and logging in, all my data was there, including all tags, and saved searches that I had created since upgrading to V5 (searches appeared nicely pinned on the toolbar).  All in all a painless process, but of course that's no guarantee your experience would be similar.  (For reference I have about 2200 notes, most with pdfs or images, about 2GB total...don't know how larger databases would be affected.)

I agree it would be helpful if Evernote would provide some guidance on downgrading, at least while EN5 is still in such flux.  I realize they do not want to encourage it, or even acknowledge that there is demand for it, but If downgrading is a bad idea, they should say so and explain why.  If not, they should provide guidance and the installer - not because it is difficult to find, but because of the uncertainty created when customers have to resort to third parties to acquire Evernote's installer.  (I will now stop trying to tell Evernote how to run their very capable company -- just had to give my $0.02 on their silence on this point.)

Chad, thanks!  This is encouraging - I may give it a try.

Hi - the new interface is clear - looks good - 

I have found that

tags from a notebook shared to you from another account cannot be typed or entered into the "Click to filter by tag..." prompt at the top of the note list column - difficult as I scan tag and title everything that comes in and then move to notebooks shared out to their owners......they cannot then easily use tags to filter - ie enter two tags to the "click to filter by tag line" (I recognise that you can still filter by clicking on one only of the tags in the left column but this is very limited - ie. only one tag can be selected this way)

also - a suggestion - send by email - could we remember email addresses previously used pls...drop down or other..?

thanks for the program - this has changed my life considerably - Im actually winning the paper war, and have the family and my work sorted....   :)

also - a suggestion - send by email - could we remember email addresses previously used pls...drop down or other..?

+1 

+1   Yes, please save the email address in a drop down.

Also, when clicking on "Click to add tag..." I would really like a way to get the full drop down of tags I have already created.  The way it is today I have to type in the first letter of the tag to see available tags.  Clicking on Ctrl + Alt + t is much less convenient than a single click then pick.

Another issue that may have been pointed out - a little hard to explain

I have a few hundred tags tags showing in the left panel, enough that I get a scroll bar - I find that there is a spot to the right of the scroll bar (between the scroll bar and the left hand side of the notes) that is part of the tag list.

The problem this causes is when I think I am clicking on the scroll bar, if I'm a little to the right, I end up selecting the tag - and in many cases dragging it up or down.

I think this space between these two data areas needs to be a dead space border and not respond to my clicking. (See attached image)

Thanks

post-59990-0-77006000-1380098187_thumb.j

I found that after upgrading to 5.0.2.1261, searching for reminders still gives unexpected results. My search query "notebook:ToDo reminderOrder:* -reminderDoneTime:*" only returns notes with reminder dates in the future, but omits notes with (open!) reminder dates in the past. Obviously, this is really tricky if I want to find open reminders.

Conversely, the query "notebook:TODO  reminderDoneTime:*" also returns reminders from the past that are still open, so the problem seems to be with the reminderDoneTime attribute?

I'll start out by saying that I do love the new interface. I like it much better than the previous version. I don't do a lot with shared notebooks, so the icon issues aren't a problem for me. 

That being said, I uninstalled v5 today and moved back to v4. It was simply slow to the point of being unusable. I'm not running on slow hardware either. It's just slow. I've had it installed for at least a couple weeks now and it never sped up. I've also had problems moving notes to different folders. When selecting multiple notes to move them, it would just crash with no warning or error message. 

I love Evernote, and will update again in the future, but not until it appears that some of these issues are fixed. 

• Level 5*

I saw the blog post that V5 is officially out now, but I'm still not getting the auto-update notification, and check for updates tells me 4.6 is the most recent version.  Have V5 auto-updates it been suspended?

Thanks.

Do you have the "Update to pre-release version when available" option checked in Tools / Options / General?

I saw the blog post that V5 is officially out now, but I'm still not getting the auto-update notification, and check for updates tells me 4.6 is the most recent version.  Have V5 auto-updates it been suspended?

Thanks.

Do you have the "Update to pre-release version when available" option checked in Tools / Options / General?

Nope.  I don't need the V5 badly update enough to want to bother with a beta while the kinks are worked out.  I can wait for the official release.  I just thought that we were at that stage given the Sept. 4 EN blog post, and specifically given the language about auto-update for existing users starting within a week.

• Level 5*

Nope.  I don't need the V5 badly update enough to want to bother with a beta while the kinks are worked out.  I can wait for the official release.  I just thought that we were at that stage given the Sept. 4 EN blog post, and specifically given the language about auto-update for existing users starting within a week.

It was in GA Release, now it's marked as Pre-release; maybe that was a side-effect of going to 5.02, or maybe it was a retraction of the GA Release status, not sure. In any case, if you don't have the option checked, then you don't get offered the update, as far as I know.

Is there a way to seperate my personal Tags from the linked Notebooks Tags in de Navigationpane? 

Because i have a linked Notebook with alot of Tags and now it's hard to find my own.... 

If not, i hope it gets added in a future update. 

Liked it better when it was seperated like in the old version.

edit: or at least an option to hide linked tags.

A few suggestions:

• To more quickly access all notes, create an "All Notes" icon at the top menu bar next to "New Note". Accessing all your notes now requires scrolling up to the top of the tags window.
  • An additional Sync button may be useful in the note window (essentially a "Save Now" button). If you are focused on a particular note, one can sometimes forget to sync on the fly.
  • A highlight color option. Currently the highlight and search result highlight are both yellow and you can't see your hits if the search term is in a highlighted section.
  • For easier access, move field Source URL field from the Info section to the note menu bar, next to "Updated".

That's it for now...it's a nice update overall.

Thanks!

• Level 5*

Good to see that the devs are working on reminders - now, if you mark clear a reminder, it disappears from the count of notes showing in snippet/card views, which is a good start. However, if you do a search on notes with reminders (reminderOrder:*) it will still show up. So more work required, please!

Version 5.0.2.1332 (261840).

I'm thrilled to have found a way to revert to Evernote 4. Yeah!

- Found the new interface less intuitive, harder to read, and harder to adjust windows

- Search bar in the wrong place

- Annoying latency for search (on a small DB)

- Annoying latency for switching notebooks

- Indicated a specific notebook was selected but all notes were shown

- Some other bug I can't remember

All that investment and there's still no such thing as tasks or GTD. LOL.

Sure hope Evernote5 doesn't end up being a forced upgrade at some point.

I have many of the same problems with version 5 which have been reported by mgd3:

- Annoying latency for search

I also have the problem of sometimes having a latency after hitting the tag search button in the notebook column.

The latency problems are on two different computers: one has Windows 7 and the other has Windows XP.  Neither had latency issues with V4...

I am hesitating in going back to the previous version only because I have been thinking that Evernote will soon deliver an update which will fix these issues - but it doesn't come and I see no promise of such an update.  I sure wish Evernote would let us know if they are working on the stalling (latency) issue.  I'd like to stay with version 5 if the latency problem is fixed because I find it far easier to do multi-tag searches in version 5.  Of course version 5 will also be the only version to be supported and further developed.

The organization and visual changes of the Evernote screen in version 5 are of no use or interest to me.  I preferred version 4's layout, but I can easily accept that of version 5 - if it operates at the same speed as version 4.

Joe

Oh, there a couple of more latency problems with version 5 that drive me nuts.

First, when I use the keyboard shortcut to enter the date and time, its appearance is often so slow that the date will finally appear in the middle of text I type after hitting the shortcut combination.  There really is no excuse for this.  It's pathetic, no?  In version 4 the appearance of the date and time was instantaneous.

The second latency issue I forgot to mention is the delay in checks appearing in check boxes.  Frequently, when I attempt to check one of the check boxes in a task list, it won't appear for many seconds after I've clicked the box.  Again, come on; this is pathetic.  There never was a delay in version 4.  

I'm sorry to gripe, but I loved Evernote because it always worked perfectly and quicly in version 4.

Joe

I guess today is the day to put out on the table all of my complaints.  I forgot one last latency:

When I click on a shortcut to another note, sometimes I can sit there twiddling my thumbs waiting for the new note to appear.  Again, it never happened in version 4.  Never.

Joe

I forgot one last latency:

Wonder why this is only affecting some people? I don't see any delays anywhere on 2 PCs.

Have you tried completely uninstalling Evernote and starting afresh with v5?

joeever, sorry to hear about your latency issues...

For what it's worth, I had the server sync issues with the new Beta referenced in other threads, and I did an uninstall/reinstall.  When i re-launched the application, I actually remarked that it was much more responsive than before (even when compared to my brief experiences with 4).  Note that I never had any real lag issues with v5, but the new install just seemed "snappier"

Re. tag serch: I think a lot of people use the search box in the upper right corner primarily for tags searches but it`s very slow given that it also includes regular text searches as well as saved searches, and given that I now have over 20 000 notes in Evernote the search for tags naturally slows down my workflow a great deal. Besides from accessing my shortcuts to specific notebooks/tags, searching for tags in the upper right corner is the second most used reference point for me when I want to go to a note.

The tag search, however, when you double click the tag area on the menue to the left, is very fast! I wish this tag search (ONLY tag search not searching for other keywords) could be avaliable in the toolbar area (e.g. available when you "customize toolbar")... could this be arranged? it would fit very well with your new clean fast minimlistic GUI where it`s all about getting to your notes fast.

I also want to make sure that Mr. DLU have reported the issues Cmagnusen and me are experiencing with tags in the latest beta?

Thanks Evernote. I love almost everything you`ve done so far with the new version but please include a tag search box in the toolbar area, it would mean a lot!

All the best,

Segando (premium user)

I tried searching this topic but couldn't find this issue. With the new search bar, I type a search string and it lists possible matches as "suggestions", "tags", etc (see attachment 1). I click on the entry under "Tags." I expect the search parameter generated to be the search term as a tag. Instead V5 insists on just using a keyword search. (attachment 2). Am I doing something wrong?

post-72177-0-97377500-1381234646_thumb.j

post-72177-0-23105300-1381234655_thumb.j

In 4 you used to be able to multiselect two tags and then change folders (in List view) while keeping the tag selection in place.

So if I have an Action Pending folder and I want to see which notes in that folder share the tags "Work" and "Now", I can't do it.

If I select the tags first, they are deselected when I switch folders.

If I select the folder first, and then select the tags by using Ctrl+click, then the folder is set back to All Folders.

This is a HUGE problem.

Pretty sure he GTD community will miss this.

Was this done on purpose? 

If so I don't understand why such a seemingly simple bit of UI convenience would be tossed out.

By the way, thanks for fixing this!

(It's important to say thanks when people do things we previously complained about.:))

• Level 5*

In a previous version, I was able to put my favorite notes on the toolbar for easy access.  I don't see that feature now.  Am I missing something? 

Tim

These can now be placed in the Shortcuts tree in the left panel.

The main problem is the performace problem in my case. I have expreience lots of lag and slow actions. Maybe it's because of initial indexing. Hope to see better performance in general.

I have to say, this is probably my biggest gripe with v5.   It is so SLOW compared to v4.    It constantly lags and while I am getting used to the relocated search bar that others here have complained about, the search performance is nothing short of atrocious.   I expect better from the team at EN, and hope that they can get the performance issues resolved quickly.

• Level 5

This is difficult to compare notes on, giving differences in data and hardware.

As for me, one of my primary PC's is still a Lenovo X60 tablet. That's an old (5-7 years) 1.6 Ghz dual core CPU.

I don't feel any lag or search slowness.

Like any database, what the application does with data access is only one part of the equation.

The underlying disk is generally the bottleneck of database performance.

If it were me, I'd be looking at the fragmentation of my drive, and the general health and performance of it with a tool like HDTune or SpeedFan.

Any database driven app is going to shine a flashlight on a tired/fragmented/increased error rate hard drive.

• Level 5*

This is difficult to compare notes on, giving differences in data and hardware.

As for me, one of my primary PC's is still a Lenovo X60 tablet. That's an old (5-7 years) 1.6 Ghz dual core CPU.

I don't feel any lag or search slowness.

Like any database, what the application does with data access is only one part of the equation.

The underlying disk is generally the bottleneck of database performance.

If it were me, I'd be looking at the fragmentation of my drive, and the general health and performance of it with a tool like HDTune or SpeedFan.

Any database driven app is going to shine a flashlight on a tired/fragmented/increased error rate hard drive.

I have an SSD in my laptop.  I don't see much of lag in the search process.  I actually see more lag in moving from function to function.  For example, go to all notes and click on the tag icon to enable tag selection.  There is a good 1 to 2 second delay with sort of an overlayed piece of screen, every time. 

I'm thrilled to have found a way to revert to Evernote 4. Yeah!

- Found the new interface less intuitive, harder to read, and harder to adjust windows

- Annoying latency for search (on a small DB)

- Some other bug I can't remember

All that investment and there's still no such thing as tasks or GTD. LOL.

Sure hope Evernote5 doesn't end up being a forced upgrade at some point.

It is amazing how the world thinks, we all need an upgrade.

Doesn't anyone remember Donald Keough, President and CEO of Coca-Cola, in 1985, when he said "I think that ‘we' should change the formulation of Coca-Cola, the public will like it."

How did that work out!!

Regards,

David in Wichita

Using Evernote 4.6.7

and loving it!!

• Level 5

I have an SSD in my laptop.  I don't see much of lag in the search process.  I actually see more lag in moving from function to function.  For example, go to all notes and click on the tag icon to enable tag selection.  There is a good 1 to 2 second delay with sort of an overlayed piece of screen, every time. 

Yup.  See that.  Some tag related bug fixes in 5.03 beta but not that one.

• Level 5

Doesn't anyone remember Donald Keough, President and CEO of Coca-Cola, in 1985, when he said "I think that ‘we' should change the formulation of Coca-Cola, the public will like it."

How did that work out!!

We could also post a list of things that didn't change with the times and became irrelevant and forgotten.

Just sayin.

I'm note sure whether to ask here or in a new note...

Is there a simple way to limit a search to the current Notebook? I realise I can add a "notebook:" option to the search, but that's a

lot of typing. Am I missing a preference setting somewhere? If not, I see a couple of possibilities to suggest: either a checkbok near the search string window, or a general preference setting. Another possibility would be to allow a selection of a notebook after execution of a search without automatic clearing the current search result list..

• Level 5*

I'm note sure whether to ask here or in a new note...

Is there a simple way to limit a search to the current Notebook? I realise I can add a "notebook:" option to the search, but that's a

lot of typing. Am I missing a preference setting somewhere? If not, I see a couple of possibilities to suggest: either a checkbok near the search string window, or a general preference setting. Another possibility would be to allow a selection of a notebook after execution of a search without automatic clearing the current search result list..

Also Grinton, pay attention to the drop down on the search "magnifying glass" to be sure the context is set to current context versus all notes.

As I don't have time to work through all the 19 pages of feedback here are my most frustrating errors with v5:

-when the cursor is in the new search field, I cannot use mouse scrolling in any other of the fields, unless I click away to the side bar or the notes panel, or into a note.

-when having card view activated, there is no way I can quickly see which tags are assigned to any of the notes. I have to click on a card, it will only show me 2 tags at the top, so I have to click "Info", which also only shows 2 tags unless I further click on the tiny drop down button to show me all the tags assigned

-as many people have already mentioned, there is no way to tell notebooks apart, because icons as well as colours are missing

-all in all the program runs significantly slower

-printing notes with underlined text or tables still creates a strike through mess

I need to hide tags of shared notebooks. I don't understand why this wasn't fixed in 5.0.3.  I can't distinguish my tags from shared notebooks, and therefore I can't control the views that I depend on for daily workflow. Why can't I select a notebook and see only the tags in that notebook in the left sidebar? 

Come on EN. Fix this!

I'm sorry that my first post is a negative, but I must add to the chorus of poor reviews.

Title not seperated and scolls out of view.

All gray format is washed out and difficult to distinguish.

Lack of folder icons...

The list went on.

I played with it for about an hour and quickly did a recover back to V4.  MUCH easier to use.

I used to recommend EN to people but I no longer can until the Windows client is reinvented to something that is more useful.

Dear Evernote,

today I upgraded to the latest build (5.0.2.1332) and all of a sudden I can`t show the notes associated with tags showing up in the search result (search function in the upper right corner)

I do a search query and a drop down menu with all the tags show up and I click one of them and none of the associated notes show up...

this is a major issue, please see what you can do to fix this... Basically I can`t see my notes by using tags (although my tags/saved searches on the shortcuts works fine)

thank you.

Seriously, we`ve had like 3-4 releases since I adressed this issue back in september. I upgraded to the latest buid today and this bug is still there! This is a major issue for many users of Evernote. Please fix this.

Thank you Evernote.

• Level 5

As in the other thread you posted it in, it's not a bug affecting everyone, which is perhaps why you aren't seeing it getting any attention or similar complaints.  It works fine for me on 3 PC's (one a VM), two Mac's an iphone and an ipad.

Such are times for a support request.

• Level 5*

As in the other thread you posted it in, it's not a bug affecting everyone, which is perhaps why you aren't seeing it getting any attention or similar complaints.  It works fine for me on 3 PC's (one a VM), two Mac's an iphone and an ipad.

Such are times for a support request.

Again (as I replied to this in the other thread as well), this is not unique to segando, and there are other complaints that I've seen in the forums as well; I've replicated it on two machines, with two separate accounts. It's certainly a Windows client problem; I can't speak for other clients (and that would be a separate topic anyways), as this almost certainly has to do with client-specific behavior: the selection from the drop-down is interpreted as selecting a tag (or notebook) which is added to the search, as well as text that triggered the the dropdown in the first place.

• Level 5

Also echoing from the other thread.

Yes, I see it on "some" windows clients but not all.

I was able to "evoke" the behavior in one of my clients by switching to list view.  Now it's borked no matter what view I'm in.

But as I always use Tag:[tag] in the search field it doesn't affect my usage.

Well perhaps it's two levels of breakage.

For clients that have gone to list view at least once, clicking a tag in search does not add that to the tag filter above the notes.

You can still as always, specify it in the search box with a tag: prefix.  And you can instead enter tag filters manually in the tag filter over the notes section.

Otherwise even though you clicked a tag, it instead uses it as a search term.

For the clients that have not used list view...

Clicking a tag adds it to the tag filter

52UjY.jpeg

It's differently borked though in that it not only adds it as a tag filter, but it leaves the text in the field so that it double filters.  Both by tag and by text content.

52Ujo.jpeg

On the Mac, clicking the tag only applies the text filter

52Ukd.jpeg

• Evernote Expert

For past few days, the windows client is refusing to sync, although i am receivjng notes made on other clients. The blue button simply keeps running for a long while before I get an error saying Did not connect to Evernote server. Upgraded to latest windows version. Still error continues. Anyone else facing this problem ?

Hi there, 

I recently upgraded to V5.0.2.1392. I do not want to look like a wet blanket, but I dislike the looks of the new client. But I can live with it. The real problem is that it crashes e v e r y     s i n g l e     t i m e  I launch it on my laptop. I was happy enough with V4.

I am sure there are tons of hours behind these new update, and you've done the best you could, but it just needs a debugging or, at least, a troubleshooting document. 

I prodoundly regret the update, and I wish I didn't do it. I have followed the instructions I was given by the customer service, but today it was just too much.

Now I am waiting for further instructions by the customer service, but I do not dare upgrade the new version (which eventually could solve it all - although there ain't no guarantee it will).

EN Web Clipper for Chrome is, on the contrary, a very nice creation! I love it.

Thanks, 

AMM

I'm sorry that my first post is a negative, but I must add to the chorus of poor reviews.

Lack of folder icons...

The list went on.

I played with it for about an hour and quickly did a recover back to V4.  MUCH easier to use.

I used to recommend EN to people but I no longer can until the Windows client is reinvented to something that is more useful.

Hi Tempest, 

How can I get a V4 install file? I am also extremely disappointed with the v5.

Thanks.

• Level 5

Lack of folder icons...

The list went on.

Hi Tempest, 

How can I get a V4 install file? I am also extremely disappointed with the v5.

Thanks.

Here is a link to past versions of Evernote. Be careful with an install to past versions.  (have a backup, read up on non-sync'd local notebooks issues, etc)

http://www.filehippo.com/download_evernote/history/

Rather than face a downgrade (and due to past issues), I have found it best to wait out the Evernote upgrade process and sit on the sidelines for a couple months. I am currently scheduled to upgrade to version 5.0 on December 1st, but based on all these comments, I might wait even further.

• Evernote Expert

I am using windows v5 on win7 64 bit, although I have the odd crash,most of the time, I am not having crashes. So, maybe, I think it might due to a windows update difference or something like that !

• Level 5

If v4 meets your needs great.

It's true that a lot of methods have changed in v5.

Change isn't always bad.

It does require living in it for a while, "walking a mile in it's shoes".

We're guaranteed to be frustrated trying to make v5 be exactly what v4 was especially in a brief try-out.

For my purposes I can do all the same stuff, but the way you do that is different.

That takes some time to let go of the muscle memory and build new familiarity.

Rather than dipping a toe, jump in and use the c r a p out of it.

In the v5 realm the Ctrl multi tag select seems to be more handled by the tag filter area above the notes list.

And in fact can be quicker if you're like me and have one or two hundred tags, all well nested.

In the tag filter area when you click into it, it's showing just the tags relevant to notes in the current view/selection of notes.

clicking in the filter area lets you add additional tags to the filter, but the list keeps getting shorter, showing only the relevant tags to select from.

And a nice perk is seeing the note totals beside each tag as I add additional filtering tags.  That to me is better than the old way of having to apply a multi-tag select in order to see how many notes that results in.

So I find that quicker than an unguided v4 hunt and peck through my tag hierarchy.

But then we might counter that some have this work flow where they very frequently multi-click the same subset of tags, and the new method (though better for one off discoveries) is slower for frequent repetitive tasks.

That's an itch saved searches has always scratched.

It seems to me that those who were already using saved searches in v4 have had (or reported less) difficulty in the tag area through the v4/v5 transition.

I have carefully crafted saved searches I use through the day.

They can be either selected from the search box or dragged to the shortcut bar.

And that's much quicker than multi-select. 

• Level 5

One more time for the recent joiners...

No question the way of doing things is different in v5.

Those ways aren't going to be grokked in a quick spin around the block.

You can't make v5 be v4.

If you're a v4 guy/gal and you can live without v5 stuff then that's where you need to live.

There's little point complaining that v5 isn't v4.  It's not an error.  It won't ever again be v4. v5 will get better and different.

But try to keep in mind while complaining about v5 that while your personal desktop space may not have changed (I'm looking at you, XP and Vista users), the landscape has changed, and the Evernote customer base continues to widen.

The trend is for tablets like the ipad replacing a lot of desktop activities.  

One in four tablet owners report it's their primary device.

Forrester reports that for Global business/enterprise users an iPad has replaced laptops for 12%, and it's partly replaced for 33%.  I'm one of those, as it happens.

There are similar trends at home where people are more apt to pick an ipad up off the coffee table to look something up than go wake a PC up in the back office.

And even for those desktops, what that looks like continues to change.

Windows 8 has new touch paradigms for desktop users.

Apple in their primary productivity tools (Pages, Numbers, Keynote, even imovie) is removing desktop functionality in order to unify the functionality between the mobile, desktop and web versions of the tools for seemless round-tripping of documents and file format compatibility.

That is to say, that the traditional desktop use case is on a march to not being the default, or if you believe Gartner and Forrester estimates in the near to mid term, even the majority use case.

That does inform that some unification to approaches will need to happen for our tools which live in multiple platforms with multiple UI approaches.

And we have to assume that highly keyboard and mouse based multi-click select type methods will not be the norm.

That the UI approaches will move in the direction of an approach that can be accomplished through large touch targets, as well as keyboard shortcuts.

And the UI elements which only work in one context, or screen size, will be less favorable than new approaches which work in similar ways as you move from the Metro side on a tablet to the desktop side with a keyboard, or as you move from desktop to a mobile device.

I for one welcome our new Evernote UI overlords.   ;)

• Level 5

I am using windows v5 on win7 64 bit, although I have the odd crash,most of the time, I am not having crashes. So, maybe, I think it might due to a windows update difference or something like that !

I had some crashes for the first day or so in the early v5 days that cleared up, even before the next update applied.  But it's been a long while now since I've experienced any on Win7 32 or 64bit (about equal time split).  I sort of wondered if it was an internal sqlite update/re-index/migrate related process when it stabilized after a little bit.

• Level 5

I have carefully crafted saved searches I use through the day.

Since I see at least one employee still bravely following our rantish requiem...

I'll mar the polish on my previous praise, that apart from whatever is done with the UI, that search grammar should be canonical and consistent.

I'm still grump-ed that the same saved searches which work on MacOS and iOS (particularly for Reminders) do not yet work on 5.x for Windows at least as of 5.0.3.1614

That has to be key for a company basing it's product on Remembering.

A primary principal of being able to free up cognitive load is being able to dump into a trusted system knowing you'll be able to recall it again when the time is right.

If we don't trust that system, the brain isn't going to let go of it. (one of many links for further reading )

If Evernote does nothing else well, it needs to at least be consistent in storing well and recalling well.

It's a well documented grammar, I'm sure you'd agree: http://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php

It be nice to see that fixed before any more UI changes.

It might be nice to see in the release notes a section on known issues.

It might save some posting, support tickets, and time reading whine reports, if we know you know, and can infer from the list the things you agree need fixes.  It's generally a pretty standard section in release notes, yes?

Well, folks, I've waited and waited for Evernote to tell us they are going to fix the long pauses or delays I encounter in both my XP and Win7 machines when I use Evernote.  I love the features of Evernote 5, but I hate how slow it is for me.  No one from Evernote has even suggested they're looking into the problem reported by so many.  So I have now reverted to version 4 on my XP machine.  Zowie!!  It is fast, fast, fast.  And of course it has the very same tags, notes, etc...  And it is still fast, fast, fast.

Unless I encounter unexpected problems on the XP I will be uninstalling version 5 on the Win7 machine and reinstalling version 4.

I hope people encountering crawling speeds will complain and complain some more.  If version 4 can hum along so quickly, I'm sure 5's speed can at least be improved.  The lag time for me is horrible in version 5 and nonexistent in version 4.

Joe

Well, folks, I've waited and waited for Evernote to tell us they are going to fix the long pauses or delays I encounter in both my XP and Win7 machines when I use Evernote.  I love the features of Evernote 5, but I hate how slow it is for me.  No one from Evernote has even suggested they're looking into the problem reported by so many.  So I have now reverted to version 4 on my XP machine.  Zowie!!  It is fast, fast, fast.  And of course it has the very same tags, notes, etc...  And it is still fast, fast, fast.

Unless I encounter unexpected problems on the XP I will be uninstalling version 5 on the Win7 machine and reinstalling version 4.

I hope people encountering crawling speeds will complain and complain some more.  If version 4 can hum along so quickly, I'm sure 5's speed can at least be improved.  The lag time for me is horrible in version 5 and nonexistent in version 4.

Joe

I am right behind you!

David in Wichita

Happy to be using Evernote 4.6.7.8409  It Just Works!!

• Level 5

Is there a way to tell how much of your monthly upload allowance you have used in the new Evernote 5?  It doesn't seem immediately obvious.

Yup.  Pick one of the options below

1. Under the Help menu, choose "Go to my Account Page".  It's right at the top of the Account Summary page
  2. Either right click the toolbar and choose "customize toolbar", or choose "customize toolbar" from the Tools menu.
    • One of the optional items you can select is "Usage"
    • Now you have one click access to it
  • Level 5

Any way to bring the search box closer to the middle? (It used to start at the middle top, but now it's moved all the way to the right and the lopsidedness is really distracting.)

Only a little bit.

Right click the toolbar and uncheck (if checked) "show labels".

You'll now only have the icons without the text which makes the toolbar take less room.

Close Evernote, and re-open it.

In my case, the search bar now takes up the entire width of the note field.  So that comes all the way to the right edge of center note list.  On my 1600x900 Thinkpad display that's the right 2/3rds-ish of the screen.

88b40b9a-7a0f-4093-961d-64c3f8ccf636.png

It can't go any further left due to:

A.  The toolbar icons

B. Below that is already occupied by another search field for tag filters if you click the tag icon above the note list.

Any way to bring the search box closer to the middle? (It used to start at the middle top, but now it's moved all the way to the right and the lopsidedness is really distracting.)

Only a little bit.

Right click the toolbar and uncheck (if checked) "show labels".

You'll now only have the icons without the text which makes the toolbar take less room.

Close Evernote, and re-open it.

In my case, the search bar now takes up the entire width of the note field.  So that comes all the way to the right edge of center note list.  On my 1600x900 Thinkpad display that's the right 2/3rds-ish of the screen.

88b40b9a-7a0f-4093-961d-64c3f8ccf636.png

It can't go any further left due to:

A.  The toolbar icons

B. Below that is already occupied by another search field for tag filters if you click the tag icon above the note list.

Thanks! "Show Labels" has been unchecked the entire time and I didn't have too many tool bar icons. There's a huge space between the last icon and the beginning of the search bar--I just can't get it to close the gap. I appreciate the tips, though.

• Level 5

Curious.

What's your screen resolution?

Not only is it dependent on that, but there's a quirk we can see:

Here's my search bar width on a 1680x1050 22" display:

59QRw.jpg

Now if I drag it over to the internal display on the same Thinkpad tablet which is 1024x768 and go maximized:

59R3I.jpg

Now it's a tiny fraction on the right side and less than the width of the Note panel.

Worse, if I bring it back over and maximize it on my 22" display again the Search width stays the smaller size:

59Rao.jpg

So you think "I'll just close and re-open Evernote". If you just click the X in the top right and re-open it from the start menu, it stays the smaller size because you haven't likely actually closed it.

But also close the System Tray icon.

THEN re-open Evernote and the search window is the larger size again.

Re-draw issue.

cwb,

Resolution is at 1366x768 on a 15" laptop. I tried changing the resolution, then completely exited out of EN.  Didn't fix it.  In the earlier versions of EN5, I used to be able to drag the left border of the app as far to the right, then when I drag it back to the left, the search box expands to the left as far as the open space would permit. But now it just stops right at that point in the last screen shot you posted.

-bryan

• Level 5*

Joe

I've installed 5.x twice on my main machine, and gone back to 4.x twice. I'll stick with 4.x until I hear something has happened to fix business tags and the dysfunctional shortcuts (compared to the 4.x toolbar). I still have 5.x on another machine to play with, but I do not like it. the aforementioned items are a serious roadblock to my workflow.  :(

It would be nice if the note editor adjusted indentation level with Tab and Shift-Tab (as is standard in Windows), as opposed to using Tab/Ctrl+M and Ctrl+Shift+M. I also deeply dislike how the Tab key inserts spaces, and it would be great to have the option to insert tab characters instead.

• Level 5*

It would be nice if the note editor adjusted indentation level with Tab and Shift-Tab (as is standard in Windows), as opposed to using Tab/Ctrl+M and Ctrl+Shift+M. I also deeply dislike how the Tab key inserts spaces, and it would be great to have the option to insert tab characters instead.

The Evernote format is based on (and rendered like) HTML, and tab characters are not really handled in HTML, so inserting them wouldn't really help things out. Indentation is handled in HTML by explicit markup, and that's the way that Evernote does it.

Tab and Shift+Tab do work in some instances, like indenting in lists (bulleted and numeric), but not otherwise (in normal text, or in indented text either).

Joe

Count me in as well. I'm a power PC user, and I've been waiting for these bugs to get fixed. But with each of the last updates, I'm amazed at how none of the most significant performance issues have been addressed. 

Before version 5, Evernote was the program I used to show off to other people in my office.  Now, it's the program I'm struggling with.  Also, I was in the process of developing a pilot program for my law firm for Evernote Business.  I can't do that now because of the performance issues and bugs in Evernote 5. 

Maybe version 4 spoiled us! LOL  Its lightning quick searches and ease of use was something version 5 could not live up to. 

So I'm going back to version 4.6.  I'm pulling for Evernote, but v5 has serious issues on the PC,

Robert

• Level 5
Count me in as well. I'm a power PC user, and I've been waiting for these bugs to get fixed. But with each of the last updates, I'm amazed at how none of the most significant performance issues have been addressed. 

Before version 5, Evernote was the program I used to show off to other people in my office.  Now, it's the program I'm struggling with.  Also, I was in the process of developing a pilot program for my law firm for Evernote Business.  I can't do that now because of the performance issues and bugs in Evernote 5. 

Maybe version 4 spoiled us! LOL  Its lightning quick searches and ease of use was something version 5 could not live up to. 

So I'm going back to version 4.6.  I'm pulling for Evernote, but v5 has serious issues on the PC,

Robert

Uggg! Thanks for posting this. There have been quite a few other users who have experienced similar issues with the recent Windows upgrade and reverted back to version 4.

I've been sitting tight on version 4.7 and planned to bite the bullet with an upgrade on December 1. But due to the ongoing comments about 5.0's problems, I'll continue to sit on the sidelines into 2014 and then decide if the issues have been resolved.

• Level 5*

Robert

Uggg! Thanks for posting this. There have been quite a few other users who have experienced similar issues with the recent Windows upgrade and reverted back to version 4.

I've been sitting tight on version 4.7 and planned to bite the bullet with an upgrade on December 1. But due to the ongoing comments about 5.0's problems, I'll continue to sit on the sidelines into 2014 and then decide if the issues have been resolved.

It is getting so bad for me, I may take v5 off of my secondary machine. It refuses to consistently sync and the problem is this is the machine hooked up to my scanner, so scan's go in, but never sync unless I manually press the SYNC button, and yes, it is set to sync automatically.

I may uninstall and reinstall 5, but if that doesn't fix it, it will be 4.6 for me there as well.

Yeah, I too went back to 4.0 just recently and I have to tell you I felt it would be better, but had forgotten how well it did work. Back to click smooth functionality (and yes, I did wait for the DB to optimize and manually triggered it as well for v5) and smooth scrolling (in every view)--list, snippet, or thumb. No lag, a clean UI with clear areas and zones, etc. What a joy again to search my notes and look up things I have stored. Realize now that I had started regoogling things that I knew were web pages or were available on the Internet rather than getting them out of V5,

(I had rolled back the clipper a while ago, but waited on the Windows client for some reason I no longer understand)

Folks who are still seeing slowness, could you please PM me? We've been working on improvements that are in this beta, but if those haven't solved your issues I'd like to get details.

Thanks much!

• Level 5*

Is anyone seeing V5 to just give up on syncing automatically? three times now mine has stopped syncing. I can sync manually, but it won't autosync unless I go into options and uncheck sync automatically, press ok, then go back in and check it again. then it works until it stops again.

I have the latest, but it has been happening with the last 2-3 minor builds.

FWIW, I regularly "reset" by re-installing my windows (and friends) pc's every couple years, so I thought it was time to clean up my current laptop !

After "fixing" a friends bogged down pc - which hadn't been re-installed for 4-5years, I use it for a few weeks. EN was

still bogged down !!  Turns out I didn't do something wrong but once I installed 4.6.7, even a slow underpowered pc zipped along !

• Level 5

Nah, I still think there's an unidentified root here (large offline notebooks already identified as one).

I'm using EN, and typing this on a 6 something year old Thinkpad X60 tablet / 12" 1024x768

1.6 Ghz Core Duo 32bit CPU.

A Windows 7 Experience score of 2.2 (upgraded from XP 3 years ago)

4GB ram, 2.99 usable.

There's no slowness, at all, ever, in any of the v5 versions I've iterated through.

V7 on my ipad, OK sure, that's fairly laggy...

Not so much on my 5s, but then the 5s Geekbenches at 2.5 times the laptop performance...  And 50% faster with one core tied behind it's back.

Archived