(Archived) Copy/paste from <your source> to Evernote

andreb

Hi all

I found a great mindmapping tool called freeplane [1] today. One of the features I like most is the ability to copy a whole branch to the clipboard, richly formatted with bullets and colors. This is excellent for me, since I mostly keep meeting minutes in mindmaps.

Of course I downloaded it right away and installed it on my mac (working from home at the moment). Copying from the map and pasting into Evernote Mac works like a charm. I then decided to try the same on my company's windows XP machine (remote desktop), and the result is pretty disappointing. No colors, no font styles, no bullet points at all. All it does is indent with a tab, hurray :-(

Sidenotes:

- Yes, pasting into Outlook works perfectly, including formatting

- Yes, pasting into Evernote Web works too, although no color and no font styles. But the bullet points are there, fair enough.

- No, I did not choose "paste as plain text".

I think I shared my thoughts about the evernote windows editor already. Now, fellow beta testers, could anyone try this with the latest beta? I fear that EN spent a lot of time polishing the GUI, rather than fixing these basics. I'm not up to speed with all the Win Beta threads, so if anyone volunteered to try this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

André

[1] http://freeplane.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Archived