(Archived) iOS Pdf Encryption Workflow

ScubaSteve

I'm trying to get proactive with my Evernote security. I'm taking steps to protect my info. Evernote is such a good system, but I feel much better if I can know that as much of my data as possible is protected.

Now that I have two factor authentication enabled, I feel much better, but I still believe that my sensitive info deserves encryption. I have begun the practice of encrypting these files before I upload them. While it takes away the search functionality of evernote, its an easy enough workaround to make it searchable by just adding the right tags and notebooks.

My Laptop workflow works like a charm. Doxie Go Scanner-->Import-->Local Encryption-->Export to Evernote.

I'd like to have the same ease when I import PDFs onto my iPad, but the problem is, I cannot seem to find a way to encrypt a PDF on iOS. Good Reader does allow you to protect files within Good Reader, but as soon as they are exported to Evernote, it seems they lose their protection.

My question is: Does anybody know a way to encrypt PDFs on iOS and export them to Evernote?

Thanks,

-S

• Level 5*

I'm trying to get proactive with my Evernote security. I'm taking steps to protect my info. Evernote is such a good system, but I feel much better if I can know that as much of my data as possible is protected.

Now that I have two factor authentication enabled, I feel much better, but I still believe that my sensitive info deserves encryption. I have begun the practice of encrypting these files before I upload them. While it takes away the search functionality of evernote, its an easy enough workaround to make it searchable by just adding the right tags and notebooks.

My Laptop workflow works like a charm. Doxie Go Scanner-->Import-->Local Encryption-->Export to Evernote.

I'd like to have the same ease when I import PDFs onto my iPad, but the problem is, I cannot seem to find a way to encrypt a PDF on iOS. Good Reader does allow you to protect files within Good Reader, but as soon as they are exported to Evernote, it seems they lose their protection.

My question is: Does anybody know a way to encrypt PDFs on iOS and export them to Evernote?

Thanks,

-S

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

I am not aware of any such app, but I guess it might exist. I don't make PDFs very often on the iPad, but if I did, and I wanted to encrypt them, I'd use Logmein to borrow my desktop for the task. I think the iPad is great, but for specialized tasks like this, it's easier to do a remote login to just get it done.

• 2 months later...

Archived