(Archived) Android Offline

So after a bit of searching I have yet to find an answer to my questions about offline.

Details First:

• New/Free User (as in a few hours ago)
  • Device: Samsung Gaxlaxy S2 Skyrocket
  • Version: 4.1.2

I don't ever plan on using all of Evernotes features because I do not need them, I am only intrested in syncing the notes I create. The app I formerly used no longer exists and Evernote was recommended to me by a friend. If someone could fully explain what Offline Notes mean that would be great, I assume it means that when you have no internet connection your notes are still available. My confusion stems from the fact that I still have access to my notes even though my data and wifi are turned off. So I would like to make sure that if I create a note (using the free version) it will still be avaiable (at a later date) even though I am not connected to the internet. Is this possible with only the free version? I should also say that I will not be syncing to multiple devices, everything I create will stay on my phone.

So after a bit of searching I have yet to find an answer to my questions about offline.

Details First:

I don't ever plan on using all of Evernotes features because I do not need them, I am only intrested in syncing the notes I create. The app I formerly used no longer exists and Evernote was recommended to me by a friend. If someone could fully explain what Offline Notes mean that would be great, I assume it means that when you have no internet connection your notes are still available. My confusion stems from the fact that I still have access to my notes even though my data and wifi are turned off. So I would like to make sure that if I create a note (using the free version) it will still be avaiable (at a later date) even though I am not connected to the internet. Is this possible with only the free version? I should also say that I will not be syncing to multiple devices, everything I create will stay on my phone.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/12565-offline-notes-on-ipad/?p=59888

Details First:

Thank you!

Is there an actuall reliability percentage? He says it won't be 100% reliable, does that me 50%, 20%, or more like 90%? Anyone have personal experience? If it is +80% I won't have to hunt down another note taking app :)

• Level 5*

Details First:

Thank you!

Is there an actuall reliability percentage? He says it won't be 100% reliable, does that me 50%, 20%, or more like 90%? Anyone have personal experience? If it is +80% I won't have to hunt down another note taking app :)

Offline sync is a premium feature. If you are using your phone, then you ought to have a connection most of the time, right? If so, you don't have to worry. If not, then the local cache (mainly of recently viewed notes) is pretty unreliable (in my experience). You'll want to upgrade to Premium. HOWEVER, if a note has not synced then it will be fine, even offline. It is only after the note syncs and a copy is placed on the Evernote servers that its status changes.

Thank you!

I would say it's not particularly helpful to try to categorize how reliable 'reliable' is. Rather simply accept that sooner or later, you're not going to be able to access something you want, if you rely upon the cache.

HOWEVER, if a note has not synced then it will be fine, even offline. It is only after the note syncs and a copy is placed on the Evernote servers that its status changes.

And the downside of an unsync'd note is the potential for it to be lost forever if the phone is lost/stolen/damaged.

IOW, if you're going to be doing casual note taking, want to be able to access the notes when you don't have an Internet connection & don't want to spend the money for premium, IMO, I'd stick with a note taking app that simply keeps all the notes on my phone.

Archived