(Archived) Evernote Not Recognizing Skitch App

samred17

Idea

I downloaded Evernote a few weeks ago and then Skitch just today. Both of the apps work just fine by themselves. The problem comes in when I try to click the 'Edit this note in Skitch' button. It brings up a box telling me to upgrade to Skitch or to get Skitch which then leads me to the Skitch page online.

When I make a Skitch note it still shows up in Evernote but I can't link them together on my mac.

I have re-installed both apps and re-logged in on both of them. Evernote still does not recognize it! 

Does anyone know what's going on and how I could potentially fix it?

Signed,

A Confused Customer

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5

I downloaded Evernote a few weeks ago and then Skitch just today. Both of the apps work just fine by themselves. The problem comes in when I try to click the 'Edit this note in Skitch' button. It brings up a box telling me to upgrade to Skitch or to get Skitch which then leads me to the Skitch page online.

Sorry you're having problems with this. 

What versions of Evernote and Skitch do you have?

Were they downloaded from the AppStore or from the Evernote Website?

Where are they installed?

When you try to use the Markup functionality in Evernote, it logs where it's looking for Skitch. Open the Activity Log (Help->Activity Log…) and you should see something like "DEBUG: +[ENExternalEditHelper skitchInstallation]"

Actually I figured it out. 

The first time I downloaded it, I downloaded Evernote from the website and then Skitch from the App Store at the same time.

The problem was that to get it to work I first had to uninstall Skitch and then install it directly from the link that appeared from the 'Edit this in Skitch' button or else it wouldn't recognize that I had it. 

Thanks for trying to help though.

Hi there, I have the same problem and tried the same thing samred17 did (installing Skitch again from the link in Evernote), but it doesn't work for me. When I want to edit a note in Skitch, the box that says I have to upgrade Skitch keeps popping up. 

I'm using:

Evernote 5.2.1 (can't remember from where I installed it, but my guess is the Appstore)

Skitch 2.6.2 (installed from the Evernote pop-up-link)

According to my activity-log Skitch is installed in /Library/Application%20Support/Skitch/Skitch%20262912%201/Skitch.app/

Please help, thank you!

• Level 5

I'm using:

Evernote 5.2.1 (can't remember from where I installed it, but my guess is the Appstore)

Skitch 2.6.2 (installed from the Evernote pop-up-link)

According to my activity-log Skitch is installed in /Library/Application%20Support/Skitch/Skitch%20262912%201/Skitch.app/

This may be your problem. Make sure that Skitch and Evernote are either both downloaded from the website or both downloaded from the AppStore.

Also, it looks like Evernote is finding an old archived version of Skitch instead of the current one (which is probably in /Applications).

If this still isn't working, try deleting  /Library/Application%20Support/Skitch/Skitch%20262912%201/Skitch.app/

Archived